Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 03:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,284 times

Advertisements

the gun store is offering FREEEE ccw classes, that also goes for range time with ammo!!! for free, i did mine today, staff is awsome. i loved it! i passed with flying colors! someone said that they dont take it seriously??? are you kidding me?? these folks are very nice, know what they are talking about, and show you EVERYTHING having to do with a fire arm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 03:30 AM

151 posts, read 699,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar1234 View Post
the gun store is offering FREEEE ccw classes, that also goes for range time with ammo!!! for free, i did mine today, staff is awsome. i loved it! i passed with flying colors! someone said that they dont take it seriously??? are you kidding me?? these folks are very nice, know what they are talking about, and show you EVERYTHING having to do with a fire arm
wow! what is the catch? when does it end?

Old 09-17-2010, 07:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,229 times
Default Free CCW Class

THERE IS NO CATCH ! The owner of "The Gun Store" Bob Irwin, is running for a political office and is offering free classes until November 2nd as his way of letting American citizens take advantage of their 2nd Amendment. I took the 9 hr. class Sept 15th that was instructed by former lifer New York police officer Tony Dee. He did a great job and made the class fun and very unintimatating. Everything was free including the ammunition. The people bashing the classes at "The Gun Store" don't have a clue as they never took the classes there. Props go out to Bob Irwin being proactive in our Las Vegas community. He's got my vote !

NOBAMA !

Smallblockmjt
This ain't no dress rehearsal !

Old 10-21-2010, 10:21 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,345,124 times
I took my class at the Gun Store this past Monday and it was excellent. I was pretty skeptical when I saw the line of taxis out front and all the clueless tourists who acted like they'd never seen a real machine gun before. But the instructors and staff were excellent, friendly and knowledgeable. I couldn't believe the ammo (frangible) was free for the first gun. I paid $25 to qualify with a second handgun. Some of the staffers there had never shot a .357SIG and so they tried mine out after I was done with the range qual. It was a long day, but a great experience and I'll definitely try to give them some business on my future trips to LV. Kudos Gun Store and thanks Mr. Irwin.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:14 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,791,394 times
My experience yesterday at The Gun Store wasn't good AT ALL.
I went in with intentions of getting info and opinions on my first gun.
The placed was mobbed with tourist looking to "SHOOT A MACHINE GUN!"
I was there for about 10 minutes before I left and never got to speak to an employee.
The place was pure chaos. Waaaayyyy too busy for me to get the help I needed.
Wen't home and found another place less than 2 miles from my house.
Center Mass Firearms on Boulder in Henderson.
I went in....I was the only customer....and got help directly from the owner himself.

I'm not trying to trash The Gun Store OR promote Center Mass, but I found the level of customer service at Center Mass better.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:01 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,345,124 times
The Gun Store is the last place you want to go if you don't know exactly what you want. It's a tourist attraction. They usually have 10 taxis out front when the range is open and do their classes in a separate building now. They sure treated me right, but then I was there for a class and we did our range quals after they closed to the public. I can't imagine anything worse than being around a bunch of people who are shooting machine guns and have never been around guns before.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:33 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,077,283 times
I searched the gun store ccw reviews on google and ended up here, so bump! Anyway, Looking at getting the CCW only to not have to pay the $25 background check every time I buy a gun. I figure it'll pay for itself in no time and the carry part will be a bonus if I ever decide that's what I wan to do.

Anyway any new info on the CCW course at the Gun Store - it's still free + $25 for ammo.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:31 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,468,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
My experience yesterday at The Gun Store wasn't good AT ALL.
I went in with intentions of getting info and opinions on my first gun.
The placed was mobbed with tourist looking to "SHOOT A MACHINE GUN!"
I was there for about 10 minutes before I left and never got to speak to an employee.
The place was pure chaos. Waaaayyyy too busy for me to get the help I needed.
Wen't home and found another place less than 2 miles from my house.
Center Mass Firearms on Boulder in Henderson.
I went in....I was the only customer....and got help directly from the owner himself.

I'm not trying to trash The Gun Store OR promote Center Mass, but I found the level of customer service at Center Mass better.

Lol, I read this and was like WTF Stagg....then I saw the date!
I usuly cant see the date on my phone without trying to...anyway...it seems you made a pretty good choice in guns. And you seem pretty handy with it too! Better than most people at the ranges at least!

Old 07-12-2013, 07:36 AM

15,803 posts, read 14,414,927 times
Try American Shooters on Arville. I rented there on my last trip, and it seemed much less tourist oriented than the Gun Store.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:59 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,791,394 times
Hey thanks cyBorg!
Aggrofish...is everything ok? Do you think your being followed? Is that why your getting a gun?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas