U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 12:28 PM

31 posts, read 80,365 times

Advertisements

Well we're thinking about living in Henderson for 6 months out of the year and spending the rest in Montana.

We're wondering what the place is like?

We've read lots of good and bad about Las Vegas proper, but have no kids, so some of those issues are not relevant to us anymore.

How's Henderson?

Nice place?

Crime?

Places to eat & shop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 06:56 PM

10 posts, read 45,731 times
Henderson is nice pace is slower than Las Vegas with a suburb like feel and people are decent not rude.
I lived in vegas for 2 1/2 years wish I moved to Henderson first google their website City Of Henderson NV

Old 09-28-2010, 01:24 AM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,274 posts, read 3,246,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2WA View Post
Well we're thinking about living in Henderson for 6 months out of the year and spending the rest in Montana.

We're wondering what the place is like? Winter time temps: approx 35 t0 60F; almost daily windy conditions; dusty; only 5 inshes of rain PER YEAR!! Current population is over 1/4 million and is considered to be the FASTEST growing [b]LARGE CITY in the US. Frequent Air Inversions, thus poor air quality [/B is possible on many winter days.]

We've read lots of good and bad about Las Vegas proper, but have no kids, so some of those issues are not relevant to us anymore.

How's Henderson?

Nice place? Yes....if you don't mind a very dry, windy dusty, desert enviroment. IMHO, a 'stark contrast' to western Montana

Crime?

Places to eat & shop?

Old 09-28-2010, 01:58 PM

142 posts, read 301,241 times
Having grown up in Las Vegas, I have to say that I think Henderson is the best place in Southern Nevada to live.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:30 PM

450 posts, read 1,360,490 times
I love it. Just bought a home on the border of GV and Henderson a year ago. Used to live on the SW side of town. Seems to be more trees, shrubs, greenery if you will on this side in parts. Lots of develop going on, and quiet in my neighborhood. Yes, part of Henderson is over the flight path of the airport, but it's not something I lose sleep over. All of life's essentials are within close proximity and there are a variety of different places to choose from. IE: Grocery stores, pharmacies (walgreens, cvs, etc), restaurants, shopping centers. I love it! I definitely notice it's breezier on this side of town though, as I haven't been out biking as much as I used to on the other side of town. Travel time from my home to Craig/95 to get to my hair salon is about 25 min on the weekend, to South Las Vegas near the M Resort - about 15-20 minutes via 215 west and getting off at st. rose pkwy, to NLV Craig Road/15 - 25 minutes, to Lake Las Vegas about 20 minutes (mostly due to the construction on Lake Mead Pkwy). Easily accessible area though.
After I grow out of my first home, will probably live around GVR area or Horizon Ridge. Love the houses in that area.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:25 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,913,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post

Winter time temps: approx 35 t0 60F; almost daily windy conditions; dusty; only 5 inshes of rain PER YEAR!! Current population is over 1/4 million and is considered to be the FASTEST growing [b]LARGE CITY in the US. Frequent Air Inversions, thus poor air quality [/B is possible on many winter days.]

Nice place? Yes....if you don't mind a very dry, windy dusty, desert enviroment. IMHO, a 'stark contrast' to western Montana
Wrong on the air quality...inversion are rather rare...and when they do occur it is down on the Vegas Valley Floor where they can be a minor problem. A few days a year of ozone advisories. Generally not in Henderson.

Henderson probably gets small particulate matter a couple of times a year...that is about it.

It is also not particularly dry in the winter time.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:39 AM

127 posts, read 231,950 times
Does anyone know if the late Tony Curtis lived in Henderson? If not, where in LV.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:29 AM

1,371 posts, read 2,796,630 times
Tony Curtis lived in Sun City Anthem which is in Henderson.

Old 10-30-2010, 05:10 PM

105 posts, read 276,897 times
I live in a older home built in 1997- I am in Henderson in the Emerald Valley Development off Stephanie and Warm Springs. I like it here alot, its quiet and close to EVERYTHING. I can walk to restaurants and the bank. I prefer Henderson over Las Vegas, its quieter and seems to have a less hurried atmosphere.

Old 10-30-2010, 05:35 PM

399 posts, read 882,944 times
Isn't the Henderson area the hottest part of the area, the place that collects the most air pollution and the most likely place to have flooding in the area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas