U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2010, 12:48 AM

21 posts, read 36,498 times

Advertisements

does anyone have any first hand knowledge of the gymnastics clubs in vegas or henderson? my husband's company is relocating us to the area (we havent yet decided where to live) early next year and our oldest daughter is a new level 4 and she is wanting to continue with gymnastics. i have found gyms (browns, gymcats) but was wondering if anyone had any first hand knowledge of these or others. good and bad. thanks!
r
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 03:13 PM

7 posts, read 14,941 times
Well it really depends on where you will be living. Gymcats is in Henderson, Browns is the furthest south gym. Desert gymcats *affiliated with Gymcats* is in the west, as is Vitally Scherbo's. Down the road is Go For It.

One other deciding factor might be how old/competitive is DD? GFI has a nice, big program. In the north they are a good choice. In the south Browns wins hands down. If I lived anywhere south or in Henderson, Browns would be the choice.

Gymcats just received a distinction as one of the best up and coming gyms in the nation, so thats something. The only gym I would really avoid is Desert Gymcats, due to several friends personal experience.

There are a few others, like Flip for me, the Acadey Salcineau and Sasso's but they are all smaller and less equipped.

Vegas has alot of gyms for the size, so there are some good choices.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:37 PM

579 posts, read 1,019,345 times
Olympic medalist Tasha Schwikert trained at Gymcats under coach Cassie Rice, and I have friend's children at the Vitalli Scherbo gym and both seem to have good reputations.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:46 PM

21 posts, read 36,498 times
thanks for the infor! she is 10 and a new level 4, obviously a late starter (she's only been doing gymnastics for a little over a year). i am not too sure yet where we will be living (my husband works from home so we can live anywhere) but distance to a gym isnt that big of a deal, i can drive. i am just wanting somewhere that is good, competitive but not overly oppressive--she isnt going to the olympics or anything. thanks again for the info!
r

Old 09-06-2010, 01:13 AM

12,686 posts, read 30,969,141 times
Go For It USA, despite the out dated name, always has some Olympic hopefuls. There was one on the news the other day.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:11 PM

7 posts, read 14,941 times
GFI done NOT have olympic hopefuls. Not that little girls don't dream, but there are no kids above L9, and the 2 L9s are first year L9's that are not on an elite track. They do have a strong TOPS program and are a great gym. It has been several years since they had a L10.

Again, not bashing GFI as I like them, just correcting for fact..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or