Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 09:06 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,662,283 times
Hey, kid, how'd you like to experience new cultures, and get paid for it? Join the army! You'll definitely check out the desert, and gamble on a daily basis.

Coop: You're still in the desert when you're on the Strip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 08:09 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
I think that some responders might be overlooking the fact that the OP is not looking to relocate to LV, he's interested in a three-month vacation somwhere in the USA.

OP: I'm originally from Miami (lived there for 26 years) and now live in Vegas. For a three-month vacation, I'd suggest that you choose South Beach over Vegas. You'll get to experience a unique city that is part South American and part North American. And if your three months coincides with the winter season, you'll get to experience what has been described as the American Riviera. You'll be able to hang out at the beach during the day and party all night.

And rentals just a couple of blocks from the beach and the action are pretty reasonable. Here's one I found on Craigslist for $1200/month that would work for you:

*Studio in SoBe* (http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/sub/1934143183.html - broken link)

I'm sure that there are others. An added benefit is that you won't need a car unless you want to go across the causeway into the City of Miami or over to Key Biscayne. Miami Beach itself is pretty walkable, and if you want to go further north up the beach, you can catch a bus to take you up Collins Avenue (the main north-south drag).

You also mentioned that you're a basketball fan. Well, Miami will be the center of the NBA universe next year as all eyes will be on the Heat to see if the triumverate of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh can take the Heat to the NBA title.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:15 AM

39 posts, read 69,336 times
No I don't plan on gambling to win more money, From working in a bookies(yes legal in Ireland) I have no intention of gambling away my hard earned money.

Thanks MadManofBethesda for the genuine response. Yeah south Beach was the place that appealed most to me but I was put off by the prices as the max i could spend on rent a month would be $900 and Vegas seemed more affordable but I wasn't familiar with the areas. Iv vacationed in Orlando before for a few weeks and loved it but just want to try something different now for the 3months as I have spent the last Year nearly saving what I could to do something like this.

Oh and id definatly be looking to get to a Heat game or 2 if I ended up in Miami

Old 09-04-2010, 06:07 PM

159 posts, read 359,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garycoffey15 View Post
No I don't plan on gambling to win more money, From working in a bookies(yes legal in Ireland) I have no intention of gambling away my hard earned money.

Thanks MadManofBethesda for the genuine response. Yeah south Beach was the place that appealed most to me but I was put off by the prices as the max i could spend on rent a month would be $900 and Vegas seemed more affordable but I wasn't familiar with the areas. Iv vacationed in Orlando before for a few weeks and loved it but just want to try something different now for the 3months as I have spent the last Year nearly saving what I could to do something like this.

Oh and id definatly be looking to get to a Heat game or 2 if I ended up in Miami
Are you cute and do you know how to clean pools? If my house goes through I'll let you rent out a modest sized room but there is a mandatory work uniform...a black leather man thong. Ha Ha~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 09-04-2010, 07:33 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,662,283 times
Come now, Intrepid, a black leather man thong? The man is Irish, it should be green!

Old 09-04-2010, 07:56 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,809,283 times
Comical thread.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:03 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepidnomad View Post
Are you cute and do you know how to clean pools? If my house goes through I'll let you rent out a modest sized room but there is a mandatory work uniform...a black leather man thong. Ha Ha~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope at least you are a woman (your profile doesn't say).

Old 09-04-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I hope at least you are a woman (your profile doesn't say).
The handle is ambiguous but I am 100% female.
At least the last time I checked.

Oh hey, cheers. You are Las Vegas Drunk and I'm soon to be in Las Vegas but now in Phoenix getting drunk. Clink!

Old 09-04-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
Come now, Intrepid, a black leather man thong? The man is Irish, it should be green!
True but black is a universally flattering color

Old 09-05-2010, 06:47 AM

83 posts, read 180,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Nice post Aqua. Las Vegas can be a tough city to live in, especially if you live near the Strip. If you are from a small town you will definitely feel "culture shock."
There's culture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas