Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 10:57 PM

159 posts, read 359,085 times

Advertisements

What is meant by east side? I've seen posts on other forums that warn newcomers to stay away from east side. First, is it one word or two, and I'm assuming it's somewhere east. But does east side pinpoint a specific street or streets? Or area?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 11:49 PM

499 posts, read 1,056,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepidnomad View Post
What is meant by east side? I've seen posts on other forums that warn newcomers to stay away from east side. First, is it one word or two, and I'm assuming it's somewhere east. But does east side pinpoint a specific street or streets? Or area?

Thanks.

It means, east of I-15 and the strip.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft_chief View Post
Thank you. But now I'm going to be obtuse. So how far east of 1-15 and the strip? All the way east? I was under the impression that eastside referred to a section of town. When I read, "Stay away from eastside (spelled as one word, btw), well, I can't imagine they mean everything and anything east of I-15 and the strip.

Because that seems to cover a lot of ground.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft_chief View Post
Thank you. But now I'm going to be obtuse. So how far east of 1-15 and the strip? All the way east? I was under the impression that eastside referred to a section of town. When I read, "Stay away from eastside (it was two words, btw), well, I can't imagine they mean everything and anything east of I-15 and the strip.

Because that seems to dismiss a lot of ground.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:29 AM

15,370 posts, read 38,985,577 times
it's hard to pinpoint because the eastern boundry varies so much....but GENERALLY speaking....LVBS to Nellis Blvd and in some places beyond....HOWEVER there are very nicec neighborhoods interspersed in that area...the main thin g in my estimation is the the farther east you go the lower you go , the lower you go the hotter you get....

Old 08-27-2010, 11:35 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,703,312 times
On the east side. you start in the gheto and end up the gheto on the other side. There are some nice places in between.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:08 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,058,999 times
Start by including most all of the north east quadrant. As has been pointed out there are exceptions...but pretty much the whole thing. Then include the segment directily east. Again more and bigger exceptions. Then uninclude the southeast...

Exceptions include such things as the far eastern segment of Sunrise Mountain...though you need pass through trouble to get to it.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:44 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,870,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Start by including most all of the north east quadrant. As has been pointed out there are exceptions...but pretty much the whole thing. Then include the segment directily east. Again more and bigger exceptions. Then uninclude the southeast...

Exceptions include such things as the far eastern segment of Sunrise Mountain...though you need pass through trouble to get to i
t.
Would that be the houses and such I see in the foothills area when looking towards Sunrise Mountain from the base?

I was curious what kind of area that was b/c I knew there were some nicer areas in that part of town but like everyone said there were all sorts of sketchy areas interspersed throughout.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:18 PM

848 posts, read 1,718,753 times
The part of Sunrise Mountain with the Mormon Temple is a nice area with scenic views of the Strip but right before you get to this area, you will be passing by the not so nice area this side of Vegas.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:30 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,575,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol View Post
Would that be the houses and such I see in the foothills area when looking towards Sunrise Mountain from the base?

I was curious what kind of area that was b/c I knew there were some nicer areas in that part of town but like everyone said there were all sorts of sketchy areas interspersed throughout.
There are some beautiful homes built up there and a few nice neighborhoods, however...you are only a few minutes from some of the roughest areas in the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas