Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 03:30 AM

270 posts, read 838,279 times

Advertisements

From seeing pictures of homes for sale it seems the houses are really crunched together. Some of them are close enough I think I could reach out a window and smack the next house with a broom; not something I'm used to from living in an older CA neighborhood where homes are given a good amount of space between one another.

The main thing I'd be concerned about is noise. Is this a common complaint of these smaller lot areas, or not that big a deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 05:12 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,317,950 times
This isn't an issue exclusive to LV. All over the country, in newer homes built by developers, the corporations are packing in as many houses on their acreage as possible. You get a larger lot by buying a more expensive home in a higher-end development or purchasing the lot(s) yourself and having a house custom-built on it.

Noise is only a problem if your neighbor has:
-children
-dogs
-loud vehicles
-a hobby of working on said loud vehicles
-parties
-odd hours (more common in LV than elsewhere)
-a penchant for loud electronics
-a pool or hot tub that gets used when you want to sleep
-anger management problems.

Other than that, you're good to go.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:55 AM

194 posts, read 398,163 times
Neighbors can truly make or break your home. It just aint fair SOMETIMES!

Old 09-11-2010, 08:37 AM

930 posts, read 1,818,085 times
I always thought that the most important factor when looking at a potential new house was investigating the neighborhood. short of doing your own surveillance, its next to impossible to find out the type of information that may be important to you and your quality of life. One of the things I always did was looking at the clark county assessors site to locate the owner of the houses surrounding the house I was interested in. If the owner's address was not listed as the property's address, there's a good chance the house is being rented (if occupied). I'm sure there are good renters out there, but my own experience has been bad when dealing with renters next door. Actually, had renters in three of the houses surrounding my property and wont buy a property again in that type of situation. just too many headaches and new neighbors every year as most were short term leases. the worst is young kids who think everyone in the neighborhood will like their style of music and wish to share with all of us by playing their stereo full blast with all windows open.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:07 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
why is every post of yours negative?....you could ALWAYS move back the "The OC"

Old 09-11-2010, 09:25 AM

762 posts, read 1,562,167 times
My neighbor is the nosy neighbor of all time. I never fight with my husband, he can't speak but I was yelling just to yell the other day and they were listening. Oh well, I blew my cork now they know I am human.
We have a large lot compared to most btw.

Old 09-11-2010, 11:01 AM

207 posts, read 509,562 times
This is supposed to be one of the advantages of the CC&R's in most communities. I was under the impression that most HOA's are specific about such disturbances, times of day for music, etc.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:17 PM

56 posts, read 118,795 times
I am very lucky in that I live in a neighborhood with no kids. One of the first things I look for when I am considering moving in to a neighborhood is those portable basketball stands. As soon as I see one of them I cross the street off my list. I am sure everyone has great kids but I still do not want to live around them.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:35 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,156,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz789 View Post
I am very lucky in that I live in a neighborhood with no kids. One of the first things I look for when I am considering moving in to a neighborhood is those portable basketball stands. As soon as I see one of them I cross the street off my list. I am sure everyone has great kids but I still do not want to live around them.
Neighborhoods with kids can be good or bad. There was a family looking at a house for sale down the street from me a couple of months ago. While they were getting the tour with their realtor, I was taking the trash out to the street. Myself and the potential neighbors were chit chatting a bit. We got to the topic of kids and when I told him that there are barely any kids for my daughter to play with they immediately told me that that was a major deal breaker.

The house is still empty.

I guess its different for everyone.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:43 PM

699 posts, read 2,219,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD1985 View Post
From seeing pictures of homes for sale it seems the houses are really crunched together. Some of them are close enough I think I could reach out a window and smack the next house with a broom; not something I'm used to from living in an older CA neighborhood where homes are given a good amount of space between one another.

The main thing I'd be concerned about is noise. Is this a common complaint of these smaller lot areas, or not that big a deal?
welcome to agrestic!

little boxes....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas