Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 08:07 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,484,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
My buddy was a singer. He somehow found himself in "Lee's" suite at the hotel they both performed at. "Lee" offered to give him a "massage" he said. At that time it wasn't proven he was a girly man, so I asked my friend. He assured me it was true. My friend likes girls, so I assumed he turned down the offer and I never asked him what happened.
Good thing...he probably would have touched his "pianist!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
His house was right behind where the Museum is now I believe....I had occassion to meet him a couple of times when I was doing photography....he was one of the truly nice men I have ever met....
I was working for a singer by the name of Cherie XX XXXXX....he came back to the dressing room after her show at Caesars...we were introduced casually...and I left the dressing room....about 8 years later I was working for a singer at the Hilton...and was in the dressing room...Liberace waked in and Frank started to make the introductions...Liberache said OH I know XXX he used to work for Cherie XX XXXXX.........

I was totally amazed and was instantly converted to a Liberace fan
I wish you had also met his brother, George.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:04 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,338,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
I'd also mention that the museum was totally a charity to pay for students in the arts. It was meant to be his legacy. He'd be very upset to know it was closing down.
I knew a young lady who was benefitting from that. She seemed to have a good start on a musical career, but I lost track of her.

The article makes it sound like they are looking for another location. Meanwhile, some of it is going on the road.

Is Tivoli Gardens still open? I've heard it's pretty good food. That's another one I never made it to, and we lived in that area at one time.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:21 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,165,223 times
Why would they close down a MUSEUM?

Sheesh..if anything, celebrate it...make it a bigger part of the Vegas tourist culture...offer a bus to take tourists off the Strip to the Museum. Open up some hokey shop next to it that has souveniers or entertainment of some kind that'll also take in money.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:51 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,096,626 times
Back in the day....when I drove a cab, I would have people ask for a show recommendation...I would ALWAYS suggest Liberace...ESPECIALLY with the farmer types from the mid-west I would tel them that IF you don't enjoy the show CALL me and the trip anywhere in town is on me....if you do .... call me and pay double the fare to wherever you want to go ....I did it as a joke....but RARELY did any of them FAIL to call and ask for me...and NEVER did I have to take someone for free......

Old 09-23-2010, 09:54 AM

Lee would be turning in his grave if he knew about this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas