U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 03:22 PM

367 posts, read 928,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
Give SiriusXMU a shot before unsubscribing!
OK! I will do that. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Status: "Invisible cats keep you up at night" (set 21 days ago)

9,772 posts, read 21,676,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyhateme View Post
That's exactly what I did and they continue to give me five months for $23.
They must like us better than you...we got 5 months for $15.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:35 PM

2,038 posts, read 3,661,011 times
I have had Sirius/XM for $77 a year for about 5 years now. Sometimes, it takes a few phone calls, but they usually give in.

Pink, I have heard the 5 month specials you quote.

I could do the 5 month deals, but that's more time than I want to spend on the phone.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:36 PM

654 posts, read 1,101,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_bd View Post
I am minutes away from cancelling my sirius subscription, because the music channels are all boring me to death. Sure, they have talk shows as well, but Howard alone can't interest me enough. I am now loading the ipod with podcasts and plugging it into the car stereo. It literally takes hours and hours off of the long trips.
+1

As someone who does a lot of long distance driving (will be doing 5000 miles in a couple weeks), I HAVE to find a way to keep myself occupied for the long trips. There are times going through Utah/Wyoming/Nebraska is boring as H-E-doublehockeysticks with little or no radio.

Having tried a number of options, bringing my iPod (Zune, in my case) & plugging into the 'AUX' jack in my car works by far the best. I've got the music I enjoy - thousands of songs - and can listen in whatever sequence I want. Add in podcasts on a variety of subjects I enjoy & I'm good to go. Sirius just couldn't hold my interest enough. Then you factor in the monthly expense ...

Satellite radio does, however, make sense for some folks. My buddy who let me borrow his unit takes his boat out on Lake Michigan (back in Midwest) all summer long & it makes perfect sense for him. Kinda hard to find much radio way out on the lake & he wants the occasional weather report, so just hooking up an iPod isn't an option for him.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:11 PM

386 posts, read 932,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
They must like us better than you...we got 5 months for $15.
That's no surprise, everyone hates me . I just called today and was going to cancel. They tried to give me a year at $88 and I told them I couldn't fit that in my budget. She put me on hold to see if she could renew my current promotion and, what a surprise, she could! It's actually 5 months for $19.99, with taxes it comes to $23.05. I can handle that.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:46 AM

5,739 posts, read 12,083,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_c View Post
Did it migrate to a new station or just morph into the talk drivel I've been hearing? It was fun to listen to on the road. Now
100.5 is owned by CBS radio. They like to flip formats of stations a lot, the way Clear Channel does (but not as bad as them) I have heard some sports talk on 100.5 I dont mind that so much, especially once NBA begins next month.

Its still a shame though as I thought 100.5 Jack FM was a great station.

As long as CBS doesn't yank 98.5 though, I wont complain

Old 09-17-2010, 02:42 PM

13,819 posts, read 24,628,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviej89 View Post
as long as cbs doesn't yank 98.5 though, i wont complain
100.5 Jack....98.5 Yank?

Old 09-17-2010, 07:01 PM

2,753 posts, read 5,775,028 times
I listened to Jack FM, but didn't care for it. I'll take 97.1 The Point any day of the week. I know most of the DJs there.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:19 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,350,356 times
Default Frosty Heidi & Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_bd View Post
The worst day of radio was when the LA station FreeFM/KLSX killed the talk format and converted it into yet another generic redundant top 40 hits station. Talk about removing good content! Adam Carolla, (Howard Stern was there before going Sirius), Frosty Heidi & Frank, Tom Leykis and more. Not always politically correct (thank god), but always wildly entertaining and thought-provoking.
Frosty Heidi & Frank are on KABC AM 790 in Los Angeles. You may also like Bill Handel KFI AM 640. Clark Howard is educational as well as Ray Lucia. All are available as podcasts
sk

Old 09-17-2010, 11:58 PM

367 posts, read 928,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skugelstadt View Post
Frosty Heidi & Frank are on KABC AM 790 in Los Angeles. You may also like Bill Handel KFI AM 640. Clark Howard is educational as well as Ray Lucia. All are available as podcasts
sk
Thank you for the suggestions - I will certainly load up on the podcasts. I can recommend Adam Carolla's podcast for those of you who are up for some angry non-P.C. rants with hilarity. I'm tickled pink when he goes off on the chicken-sh*t speeding and parking tickets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas