Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 10:33 AM

11,156 posts, read 15,943,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan05 View Post
Great news...wife is coming to Vegas first week of May for 5 interveiws and to re-new her drivers' license and I come the 2nd week for 3 interveiws. Got to get back home and out of this Ohio craphole...
Wishing you the best of luck in your upcoming interviews. My wife is from Cleveland and we have visited her family many times over the past 30 years, so I have a slight understanding of how much you want to escape Ohio.

BTW, I was conceived in Cleveland, but born and raised in Miami, Florida, so I think I may hold the record for the quickest escape from that city!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 01:56 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,442,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Wishing you the best of luck in your upcoming interviews. My wife is from Cleveland and we have visited her family many times over the past 30 years, so I have a slight understanding of how much you want to escape Ohio.

BTW, I was conceived in Cleveland, but born and raised in Miami, Florida, so I think I may hold the record for the quickest escape from that city!
MMoB, do you ever return to visit Miami? I just got back from my first trip to FL and wish I had allocated more time for Miami instead of fishing. Did you ever consider a FL location for your retirement location before you ultimately chose Vegas?

Old 04-24-2011, 07:09 PM

11,156 posts, read 15,943,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
MMoB, do you ever return to visit Miami?
Coincidentally, we're flying down to Miami the day after tomorrow. However, it will be a short visit as we will be boarding a cruise ship on Thursday for a transatlantic voyage to Spain, Monte Carlo, and Rome. We will be doing the reverse in November when we fly from LV to Rome and then take a cruise back across the Atlantic to Ft. Lauderdale. At the end of that voyage, we will have an opportunity to spend more time in Miami (probably at least a week). I usually try to get down to Miami at least once a year in the fall in order to catch either a University of Miami or a Miami Dolphins football game or two.

Quote:
I just got back from my first trip to FL and wish I had allocated more time for Miami instead of fishing. Did you ever consider a FL location for your retirement location before you ultimately chose Vegas?
For awhile we were considering living in Solivita, which is a 55+ community in Poinciana, about 20 miles south of Orlando. We also considered both Tampa and Sarasota. Our idea at that time was to buy a pied-a-terre in Chicago and then a bigger winter home in Florida. However, that was before I talked my wife into full-time living in Las Vegas.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:08 AM

1,347 posts, read 2,442,935 times
Very nice. Enjoy your trips!! Most of my time was spent fishing in the Keys. In hindsight, I wish I had allocated my time a little differently so that I could have seen more of Miami. Most all of my time in Miami was spent in, or around, South Beach. I thought it was beautiful. Some of the homes on the water are just spectacular. I don't know if I could handle the humidity on a permanent basis but I definitely plan to return as a visitor!
Quote:
Coincidentally, we're flying down to Miami the day after tomorrow. However, it will be a short visit as we will be boarding a cruise ship on Thursday for a transatlantic voyage to Spain, Monte Carlo, and Rome. We will be doing the reverse in November when we fly from LV to Rome and then take a cruise back across the Atlantic to Ft. Lauderdale. At the end of that voyage, we will have an opportunity to spend more time in Miami (probably at least a week). I usually try to get down to Miami at least once a year in the fall in order to catch either a University of Miami or a Miami Dolphins football game or two.

For awhile we were considering living in Solivita, which is a 55+ community in Poinciana, about 20 miles south of Orlando. We also considered both Tampa and Sarasota. Our idea at that time was to buy a pied-a-terre in Chicago and then a bigger winter home in Florida. However, that was before I talked my wife into full-time living in Las Vegas.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:12 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,100,357 times
Quote:
Very nice. Enjoy your trips!! Most of my time was spent fishing in the Keys. In hindsight, I wish I had allocated my time a little differently so that I could have seen more of Miami. Most all of my time in Miami was spent in, or around, South Beach. I thought it was beautiful. Some of the homes on the water are just spectacular. I don't know if I could handle the humidity on a permanent basis but I definitely plan to return as a visitor!
Before you think about it as a primary do July and August. It is actually not as bad as inland FL...but bad is relative. I consider it much tougher in those months than Vegas.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:37 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,555,374 times
Quote:
I love the keys. My plan is to eventually live on a tropical island.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:38 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,451,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan05 View Post
Great news...wife is coming to Vegas first week of May for 5 interveiws and to re-new her drivers' license and I come the 2nd week for 3 interveiws. Got to get back home and out of this Ohio craphole...
Much good luck to you and Mrs. Nolan05, just goes to prove, you got the goods, you get the interviews and that's the first step!

My great-niece just got hired (last Thursday) as a full time (with bennies) office clerk in Summerlin, the kid is only 20 years old and she's so excited, this is her first "real" job as she calls it, lol!

Old 04-25-2011, 10:47 AM

968 posts, read 2,057,892 times
Quote:

Sounds like a dream trip. Have fun!

Old 04-25-2011, 01:33 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,915,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
I love that plan! I have never been to the Keys and I would love to go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Much good luck to you and Mrs. Nolan05, just goes to prove, you got the goods, you get the interviews and that's the first step!

My great-niece just got hired (last Thursday) as a full time (with bennies) office clerk in Summerlin, the kid is only 20 years old and she's so excited, this is her first "real" job as she calls it, lol!
That's awesome! I hope she likes it! I know she will love having a paycheck!

Old 04-25-2011, 02:11 PM

228 posts, read 717,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Before you think about it as a primary do July and August. It is actually not as bad as inland FL...but bad is relative. I consider it much tougher in those months than Vegas.
It does get pretty hot down here during the summer, your right. The humid, sticky air doesn't make it any better. But we get some nice breezes that come off the ocean and cool most of the inland makes it somewhat bearable, plus in the summer we get alot of afternoon rain, that really cools down inland. You get use to the humidify down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
You would love Key West. If you have some extra cash, or can afford to save some, do take the trip down there. It's really a different side of "normal" SoFla life. Trust me, Key West is awesome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas