Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2011, 12:44 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,548,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
Maybe they took away his stapler(?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 12:48 PM

15,370 posts, read 38,979,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
What were you making him do? Clean your toilet with a toothbrush? lol.
He was booking reservations for our hotel......point is.....to quote one of the girls in our office....
"They ALL give good head in an interview."

Old 09-18-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
Maybe they took away his stapler(?)
and this occurs, mor often the NOT anymore.....

We have had MORE "Did not complete probation" terms in the last YEAR then we have in the 25 years I have been here.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
He was booking reservations for our hotel......point is.....to quote one of the girls in our office....
"They ALL give good head in an interview."
Maybe you need to add "If I take your stapler, are you going to shoot me?" to your line of questions in the interview.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Maybe you need to add "If I take your stapler, are you going to shoot me?" to your line of questions in the interview.
HR wont let us do that....they're on a "Protect the Fruitloops" campaign

Old 09-18-2011, 11:23 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,899,894 times
It is too bad that a great resume does not always equal a great employee. In my case, I don't think I have a great resume, but I am a great employee. Unfortunately, that doesn't get me the interview.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
It is too bad that a great resume does not always equal a great employee. In my case, I don't think I have a great resume, but I am a great employee. Unfortunately, that doesn't get me the interview.
The whole process of getting a job is like being an actor in a play. If people would just generally drop the expectations to keep the play going on both sides, interviewers and interviewees could just relax and it would be clear who's who right there right then.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:46 PM

542 posts, read 982,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
I feel like that is my problem, as well (Not sure what the problem is, so I'm assuming).

I'm not very well spoken (or written), so like Einstein said: "If you can't explain it simply, then you don't understand it well enough". Taking a round-about way of explaining why I'm a good candidate for a position throws interviewers off, even though I am a very good employee.

Its like filling out a profile on a dating site. You don't want to fill up your resume with too much BS, because when you do get an email (call), you'll have to back it up (And when you can't, you just look a fool). Yet, without enough BS, you don't get any emails (calls) at all.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:50 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,899,894 times
Quote:
The whole process of getting a job is like being an actor in a play. If people would just generally drop the expectations to keep the play going on both sides, interviewers and interviewees could just relax and it would be clear who's who right there right then.

I couldn't agree more. Another quite unfortunate part of applying these days is that most companies now require you to do it online which really presents an issue for someone like me who has a less than great resume. I don't even get a chance to be an actor in the play.

Their loss. Guess I will just have to open my own business .

Old 09-19-2011, 01:07 AM

508 posts, read 1,018,544 times
Resumes are easy to write and easy to put verifable info in that is not BS. I have noticed most people dont know how to write a proper resume

(from years of experience in HR)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas