U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 11:52 PM

8,874 posts, read 12,914,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer71 View Post
Wow, you just made Miami sound so perfect yet so flawed The reason I wouldn't want to give Miami a shot is the expense. It would be an expensive mistake.

re: Santa Fe
It is absolutely beautiful here and a far cry from AZ.
Thanks for the details. That's exactly what I thought. Your point about it being the ideal second home location is on the money, I'm sure. It does sound amazing. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to afford that kind of lifestyle and I would eventually get the same stir-crazy feeling you're talking about. It's one of my major problems with Tucson. Most of the things I want to do I have to go to Phoenix for -- a two-hour drive on a ****-poor excuse for an interstate highway. And even then, you're not in LA, you're in Phoenix. I, too, am spoiled from living in the East. Even when I lived in Pittsburgh, I could easily go to New York or Washington, DC, for the weekend, flying OR driving. I used to go to Cleveland for concerts, going and coming back in the same night. Philly, Detroit, and Toronto were as close to me as San Diego is now. We really were spoiled, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 12:27 AM

245 posts, read 546,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
Thanks for the details. That's exactly what I thought. Your point about it being the ideal second home location is on the money, I'm sure. It does sound amazing. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to afford that kind of lifestyle and I would eventually get the same stir-crazy feeling you're talking about. It's one of my major problems with Tucson. Most of the things I want to do I have to go to Phoenix for -- a two-hour drive on a ****-poor excuse for an interstate highway. And even then, you're not in LA, you're in Phoenix. I, too, am spoiled from living in the East. Even when I lived in Pittsburgh, I could easily go to New York or Washington, DC, for the weekend, flying OR driving. I used to go to Cleveland for concerts, going and coming back in the same night. Philly, Detroit, and Toronto were as close to me as San Diego is now. We really were spoiled, huh?

Yeah...I'm just now realizing how spoiled I was!

I'm not sure I'll be able to recreate the lifestyle I had on the east coast, now that I'm trying to live on a smaller budget. I made a career change and decided to get out of the rat race and start my own business. But it's definitely a trade off. Now I can get a pedicure in the middle of the day on a Tuesday and take a 3 day wknd whenever I please but I'm hankering for a more urban lifestyle... ((sigh)) what to do?! I guess I can't have it all.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:20 PM

127 posts, read 225,784 times
That is what, specifically, I like about the Southwest -- isolation and privacy from others. I didn't know that Nevada didn't have a state income tax. I will have to look into retiring in Las Vegas. I like Cali, but it is way too expensive for me. If you got the dough, southern Cal is for you. You need it to pay for high taxes and cost of living out there. Any good Gyro restaurants in LV? I also love mexican food. Where in Las Vegas metro are the hispanics concentrated at? North, South, West or East part of Las Vegas??

Old 10-30-2010, 03:26 PM

11 posts, read 15,991 times
Paymons has the the best gyros in town. Theres also a place on charleston and rancho, inside the smiths shopping center.. but I cant think of the name.
I'd the say the hispanics are concentrated more on the north east side.

Old 01-23-2012, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,265 times
Default class b cdl tankered hazmat driver any jobs

Hi my names traci and I'm thinking about moving out there.does anybody know how class b b tankered hazmat and twic card jobs are.I also run a constrution sweeper.run crash truch?anybody know

Old 01-24-2012, 09:11 AM

3,977 posts, read 6,331,039 times
welcome.traci.all construction jobs in vegas has really dried up.so you may find it hard to get work out here.maybe you should contact your union and ask them.jonathan

Old 01-24-2012, 09:27 AM

15,371 posts, read 33,754,701 times
+1mac.....bazinga.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas