Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 02:03 PM

320 posts, read 1,129,868 times

Advertisements

i dont mean to brag i dont mean to boast
but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast
rock it up baby bubbah
baby bubbah to the boogie da bang bang da boogie
to the beat beat, its so unique
come on everybody and dance to the beat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 03:15 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,989,097 times
which m3 is this... if its the roadster or coupe, neither is at 45k for a 2008 at the auction... you are set to lose more than you think.

Old 09-20-2010, 03:31 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,341,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
If you're not negotiating up from the invoice price, you're not in control of the transaction. Be prepared to walk. If I were you, I wouldn't negotiate on the showroom floor. The only time you should be there is to test drive and take delivery.If you are genuinely concerned about insulting the dealer with a lowball offer of 68k, find out what the invoice price is and offer around 3% above that. That's a fair commission on a car. That will include doc fees. Don't negotiate a good deal and then get taken by the finance office. Also, time your purchase towards the end of the month.

Very true, the old saying is that the one that is most informed wins the negotiation. Do your homework, find out how many of the model are in the area and shop around. Doc fees are nothing but pure profit and can be negotiated as well.

Don't assume because you're a cash customer you're going to be given any special consideration. The finance office usually makes most of the money in these transactions.
Again, very true. Dealerships make the most profit off the Finance and Insurance or F&I office so they want you to finance the car with either BMW credit or another company of their choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 license to sell View Post
I was in the auto industry for 18 yrs on the sales side prior to getting into real-estate. And the way to purchase a vehicle now days is to go on line whether purchasing a new or used car. You will cut out the middle man which is the sales person. Have the price locked down before you test drive the car as well meaning have the internet agent send you signed offer from the dealer agreed upon purchase price.
An internet agent is paid differently they are paid by the hour and they will be able to get you your best deal. You can lock down the price you can buy it for walk in and have all the paper work done. Finance will try to talk you into additional purchases that is how the finance person makes their money.
If you want to purchase an additional warranty that is negotiable as well and you can buy that anytime you don't have to purchase that at the time of the sale. Right now BMW has a pretty good factory warranty so I would recommend not getting and extended warranty just before the factory one runs out if you keep the car that long.
I did the Internet Sales for about a year and what 007 says is spot on, it saves you as the buyer tons of hassle. This way you can lock the price "out the door" and come in with a certified check, look the car over to make sure there is no damage at delivery and get in and out of F&I in 15 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packrat1 View Post
You didn't say if it was a 2010 or 2011? Go to Costcoauto.com and get invoice prices. Also go to Edmunds.com then go to the BMW forums and then go to the prices paid forum. Also you can buy invoice info from Consumerreports.com. If you don't know the exact invoice cost including shipping then you can't properly negotiate. Also consider driving outside the area to another dealer to get a good price or at least a comparison price to use as leverage against the local dealer.
I sold Acura's right when the 2nd generation TL was being launched, very high demand especially for the 6-speed with navigation so many people were willing to drive from DC up to Jersey to get these cars because of their research.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:58 PM

194 posts, read 398,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johninvegas View Post
BTW, the car you're looking at wouldn't be the Interlagos Blue one, would it? My wife and I were eyeing that one also.
The brand new one is grey
http://mem1.akibahd.com/m3.jpg (broken link)

There is a white 2009 with 7k miles for 10k less.

Also a nice black one with another dealer.

I was able to talk price on the phone in a past deal... so i'll take 007's & SK's advice here and not negotitate on the floor if at all possible.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packrat1 View Post
You didn't say if it was a 2010 or 2011? Go to Costcoauto.com and get invoice prices. Also go to Edmunds.com then go to the BMW forums and then go to the prices paid forum. Also you can buy invoice info from Consumerreports.com. If you don't know the exact invoice cost including shipping then you can't properly negotiate. Also consider driving outside the area to another dealer to get a good price or at least a comparison price to use as leverage against the local dealer.
Tracking all the options and getting invoice make my head spin. I'll be happy with a few k off sticker... IF it's the car with the right options.

Kinda silly but I have to get a sunroof and the grey one just don't have it Cool link tho, i'm gonna try pinning invoice.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
You better get there before the 27th.
Haha, if I see someone driving that grey M i'm chasing you down with my cheap rental!

Old 09-20-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
...and come in with a certified check
I used a personal check back in 2001 for a Vette no probs or even a 2nd look, was hoping to do the same. Guess there's more fraud now?

If they have Citibank in vegas i'm destined for an extra trip I guess.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:47 PM

Here's the white alternative. A rim change and she's in the running.
http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/565/421/images/2010/8/31/285/616/17235482975.285616703.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x377.j pg (broken link)

Old 09-21-2010, 08:00 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,836,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblud View Post
Haha, if I see someone driving that grey M i'm chasing you down with my cheap rental!
I'm in Portland now so it'll be a long drive.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:46 AM

487 posts, read 747,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 license to sell View Post
I was in the auto industry for 18 yrs on the sales side prior to getting into real-estate. And the way to purchase a vehicle now days is to go on line whether purchasing a new or used car. You will cut out the middle man which is the sales person. Have the price locked down before you test drive the car as well meaning have the internet agent send you signed offer from the dealer agreed upon purchase price.
An internet agent is paid differently they are paid by the hour and they will be able to get you your best deal. You can lock down the price you can buy it for walk in and have all the paper work done. Finance will try to talk you into additional purchases that is how the finance person makes their money.
If you want to purchase an additional warranty that is negotiable as well and you can buy that anytime you don't have to purchase that at the time of the sale. Right now BMW has a pretty good factory warranty so I would recommend not getting and extended warranty just before the factory one runs out if you keep the car that long.
Try and by pass the realtor and deal directly with the owner that way you don't have to pay the middle man. Basically you don't need sales people, just grab a ticket and get in line.

Last edited by aitchem; 09-21-2010 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: bad grammar, spelling and punctuation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas