Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2010, 12:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,108 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

By this point I think I've pretty much read every single post on moving to Las Vegas. Your collective knowledge has been very, very helpful. Thanks!

I have a few questions I hope the community can help me answer.

I'm moving to LV from San Francisco to work for a local web company. My job is in Henderson and based on everything I've read, Henderson is a great place to live. I'll be renting, I'm single would like at least a 2BR and have a dog. My budget is $1000-$1800/month. A few odd requests: I like hardwood floors in some capacity, a garage is mandatory and I'd prefer not to live in an apartment complex (open to townhouse/condo/house.)

I arrived yesterday and am temporarily staying at an extended stay hotel until I find my ideal place. For the past few weeks I've been researching places and this morning I took a drive to scope them out and get to know the neighborhoods. Here are some questions that came out of the morning:

* Green Valley: Mostly nice, there are a few condo/townhouses that I like but I'm concerned than the houses in GV are a little older (houses I mean.) And honestly, now that I've seen the Anthem/Seven Hills area, I'm concerned that most of the GV neighborhoods *are not gated*. Am I right to be concerned? Is GV a good place to be single?

* Anthem: Seems nice but anything past the country club seems to be a bit far away (plus Sun City is all 55+, is the rest of it?)

* Anthem Country Club: There's a great house I love there but the concept of living in a country club community seems odd to a guy from SF/Chicago. Maybe it's not that odd here. What do you think?

* Seven Hills: Easy to get to, nice. How about for a single guy?

* Green Valley (north of 215): It struck me as compressed and slightly older (building wise). Should I stay below 215?

* West of Green Valley? What am I missing? Should I be looking at anything I'm not?

Any additional advice would be most, MOST appreciated. Thanks for your feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 02:31 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,243,901 times
Well, it sounds like you have it narrowed down quite well and understand what each areas strengths and weaknesses are. Follow your instincts, they serve you well.. Vegas master planned communities are fairly homogenous from a social perspective. So, your single life in green valley will be much the same anywhere.

Most people I know don't really live their single life in their neighborhood, unlike you would find in SF. Depending on your interests, they will most likely take you elsewhere.

Let me know if I can bs more helpful.

Old 10-02-2010, 05:10 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
You are going to find the neighborhoods you are looking at reasonably uniform. There are young people but mostly young families. You will find some singles in the less expensive condo complexes.

You might also go a little west to Silverado Ranch 891223. The area around Agate and LV Blvd is rich in the young. You can rent in the mid rises..Manhattan and Park Avenue or the homes in Central Park.

Don't sweat the gate. The neighborhood demographics are more important.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:20 PM

399 posts, read 1,026,111 times
I'm just wondering why you are so concerned about any homes being "older" in those areas, especially if you are coming from San Francisco and just renting. Can anything there really be all that old?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: