U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 11:19 AM

12,252 posts, read 16,961,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
You must not know what pot smells like, to me it's similar to the smell of a skunk.
If it smells like skunk...I think you've got something worse than pot growing going there...jmo.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:20 PM

2,083 posts, read 2,133,229 times
I believe people can actually legally grow it with the proper documentation from the state. He is either one of the approved or very stupid. Pot smells very pleasant but it can be overpowering. The issue behind this whole thread is kind of funny though. When it comes down to it, pot is just a plant that was here long before we got here. Take the legality issue out of the topic and it's the equivalent of someone complaining that the flowers in your property are too fragrant and calling the HOA on you.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:08 PM

8,810 posts, read 15,209,125 times
If the people do not even live in the house, they are just using the entire house as a grow house. Probably make good money doing that too.
If in doubt, call the cops. They would know if it's legal or not. If they ask for your name, give the name of the owner of the house where they are growing pot so they can't retaliate against you.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:18 PM

11,526 posts, read 20,285,666 times
I like the smell of pot, but I wouldn't smoke it, or recommend it to anyone even for "medicinal" purposes. I'd hate to smell it more than once in a great while either. I might call the cops if it bothered me that much. Can't help property values which are already down the toilet.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:33 PM

14,346 posts, read 10,161,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
gThe OP saying it smells like skunk must be exaggerating, right?
No. If it's that pungent, then it's likely some very strong (high THC content) stuff, and a smell described as "skunky" is very fitting.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:36 PM

485 posts, read 384,793 times
better to have drunks next door?

Old 10-12-2010, 03:50 PM

762 posts, read 947,773 times
some weed is even called skunk weed

Old 10-12-2010, 05:31 PM

2,502 posts, read 5,874,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
gotcha...some don't like it I guess. But you wouldn't say it smells like skunk, would you? Skunk spray is powerful stuff and known as one of nature's best defense mechanisms. The OP saying it smells like skunk must be exaggerating, right?
I personally wouldn't say that it's skunk-like...just a very strong scent that rubs some people the wrong way (and to be fair, the same can be said about a lot of colognes and perfumes).

Old 10-12-2010, 05:41 PM

3,731 posts, read 5,838,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
It's been about a week now, and I can't take the smell anymore, my neighbors just rented a house across the street from me and is growing pot. I can no longer walk outside my house without smelling it, I have to pull into my garage, then close my garage before I step inside the house.

They even told my other neighbor that they have a "License" to grow it, but the smell is so strong, I'm sure they are growing much more then they are allowed.

No one even lives in the house, they are there for a few hours, and leave the house at night and I think leave the windows open. I feel bad for their dog as they leave the dog to guard the backyard.

Is there anything I can do? I'm going to try to call my HOA today and if nothing happen, I'm going to try to call the the cops. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
I have friends in the commercial leasing business, they say they are getting an awful lot of these "licensed dispenseciaries" type businesses wanting to come here to Las Vegas and rent out office space. The two Landlords they work for absolutely refuse to lease to these licensed how to grow your own pot places.

I have a feeling we're going to see an awful lot of these "grow" houses in the future. And of course, hardly any of them will be legitimate and grow only the allowed amount by law. I personally think (and in my opinion only) the whole idea is ridiculous, and apparently it is all the rage in California and spreading quickly to Las Vegas.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:07 PM

78 posts, read 100,344 times
I will remove it, free of charge. What are the major cross streets? I'll follow my nose from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas