Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2010, 09:48 PM

787 posts, read 1,776,552 times

Advertisements

Moving in later this week. I need a washer, dryer (gas), and a fridge. I don't want to buy them new if I don't have to. With all the foreclosures around town, perhaps I can pick up some decent lightly-used ones cheaply? Anyone have any ideas (other than Craigslist)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 12:01 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
http://groups.yahoo.com/passitonlv2/ (broken link)

You can request them for free, or say you want to buy them. The site isn't very active these days, i guess most people in there are waiting for someone to list something so they can get it, or some have moved away or whatever. times are tough so i guess less free stuff to go around. But it doesn't hurt to ask.
There is a link on the links page in Pass it on to another site that isn't very active either, it's a spinoff of the same site from the original Pass it on, called Las Vegas Treasures. Ask in there too.
Otherwise, go to the RCWilley discount place and get something marked down.Or Walkers discount place.

Deseret Industries also sells used appliances sometimes. Can't hurt to check. They have a lot of things in there that changes daily at Craig/Allen. Open 9am-9pm monday to saturday. They may adopt winter hours soon and close at 6pm.

Look at garage sales on Craigslist. Maybe someone is moving and selling some and need it gone now. When we were out doing the yard sale thing 2 weeks ago, way too many people had to sell everything, and they had appliances and furniture in addition to everything else. Most said they were moving out of the area.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:41 AM

390 posts, read 755,655 times
Can't remember where exactly, but there is a Habitat for Humanity store close to that Deseret store. It's called Re-store. All proceeds go to Habitat and they get alot of appliances. Good luck

Old 10-25-2010, 10:57 AM

89 posts, read 268,044 times
You could try joining the local FreeCycle group. Just go to freecycle.org and select Las Vegas. You will get instructions on how to join (it's free). It's an organization that allows its members to request or offer items for free. I'm a member, and I've seen people requesting, offering, and receiving appliances. It might be a bit of a long shot, but I think it's worth a try.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:31 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,836,746 times
| Broadacres Swap Meet | Nevada's oldest & largest Open Air Swap Meet in Las Vegas

I was told good deals could be had at this swap meet. I bought mine from someone on the forum so I can't verify any details about the swap meet.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:03 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
If it were me, and money wasn't an object, I would just go to RCWilley, get a nice new green or red front loader washer and dryer set and make monthly payments. They are very good at giving credit to most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas