Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 09:51 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,016,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
if it was doubled it was probably in a school zone....put on your big girl panties and man up for a change....take responsibility for your own actions.
...or a construction zone. And in either case, there are very good reasons that speed limits are lowered and fines are doubled in those areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 10:09 AM

1,558 posts, read 4,784,022 times
Do not speed in the constructions zone north and south 95 going and coming from Indian Springs. Every day they a stopping speeding cars, both tourists and local and double fines. A coworker got one for $700. Construction fines are doubled like school zones.

I keep it at 55 watch must speed by, then pass them as they are pulled over getting a ticket.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:42 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by building View Post
True. But the numbers are a lot higher than the rest of the nation.
The numbers are much higher in Detroit and other big cities. We lag far behind them.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:48 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
There's been a lot of cops on the beltway lately looking for speeders. Between Centennial Hills and east to the I-15 junction.
If you just drive the limit, you should be fine.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:55 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,836,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I am VERY upset with this city now. I just got pulled over for speeding when I was driving to work this week. They even doubled the fine so now I have to pay $600 (two weeks pay for me) for going 7mph over the speed limit. I now hate this city and would love to see its demise.
How's Phoenix sounding now?

Old 11-06-2010, 09:24 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
How's Phoenix sounding now?
Phoenix is an even worse hell hole. They have photo radar all over the place unlike here. They also charge double for tickets in construction zones like the one that the pigs got me for here.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:25 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,332,359 times
Quote:
I am VERY upset with this city now. I just got pulled over for speeding when I was driving to work this week. They even doubled the fine so now I have to pay $600 (two weeks pay for me) for going 7mph over the speed limit. I now hate this city and would love to see its demise.
Paris Hilton got arrested for felony cocaine possession---her fine was $1000. There's no justice in LV, is there?

Old 11-06-2010, 09:45 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,945,533 times
Quote:
A little dramatic, by both the police and LVD, don't you think?

I would say it would be tough just to pick out the people to ticket based on plates as there are many rental cars that have various state plates. I have rented a car at least twice there, with my own in the garage. Didn't get pulled over. Any reason not to accept responsibility, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by building View Post
True. But the numbers are a lot higher than the rest of the nation.
Las Vegas is a highly visible town, widely traveled upon by people from all over, everyday. There are bound to be many critics. I see empty buildings, yes. But, I haven't seen them in Chicago, Boston, LA, Cleveland or anywhere else (but SE MI) because I did not go there. LV is just an easy target for criticism. Funny, everyone who visits me, loves to see LV outside of the Strip and are shocked and want to move there. They won't, and that is probably good because they don't have jobs lined up there. But, they do appreciate what beauty is there, even beyond the empty bldgs.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:13 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,784,022 times
To me the rogue towing companies are much more of a threat than getting a speeding ticket.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:19 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
Las Vegas is so broke that they are even starting to harass out of towners to get money from them with traffic tickets. Hopefully, the tourists who get harassed realize this and take their money elsewhere on their next vacation.
I protest over-vigilant police with my tourist dollars as well. Moved out of Phoenix 14+ years ago to escape the over-vigilance, have only been back once, and that was passing through. And what did that accomplish, occasionally perusing the speeding forums for AZ? Nothing!

But I discovered other places to travel where they were less vigilant and fell in the love with those new places, like Southern Utah.

A city being broke, and becoming increasingly dependent on moving violations is no way to help this tourist-dependent city. It's self-defeating, self-destructive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas