Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2011, 09:23 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,309,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Great. Just great.
I just got a notice in the mail today.
I've always overlooked this thread. Now I gotta read it from page one tomorrow when I get home from work.

My letter came last week. I was only concerned that they may not be accurate, but now that has been proven to not be the case.

For now I don't see any immediate negatives, I'm just concerned that the meters open the door for future tiered use charges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 12:15 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,263,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Great. Just great.
I just got a notice in the mail today.
I've always overlooked this thread. Now I gotta read it from page one tomorrow when I get home from work.

It won't hurt much, I swear. We survived it, you will too.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:32 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,631,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
It won't hurt much, I swear. We survived it, you will too.
What reading the thread, of getting the smart meter installed?

Jonathan

Old 10-02-2011, 09:58 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,978,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danknee View Post
My letter came last week. I was only concerned that they may not be accurate, but now that has been proven to not be the case.

For now I don't see any immediate negatives, I'm just concerned that the meters open the door for future tiered use charges.
We're already doing the tiered-use "Time of Use" plan. Saves us about $600 per year.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:11 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,263,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
What reading the thread, of getting the smart meter installed?

Jonathan
The thread of course. lol

Old 10-02-2011, 11:36 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,532,689 times
got mine last week... what now

Old 10-02-2011, 12:07 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,309,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
We're already doing the tiered-use "Time of Use" plan. Saves us about $600 per year.
They are revamping that program and are not accepting new customers at this time...they claim to be rolling out a wave of voluntary rate plans over the next two years that are guaranteed to not increase your rate. What happens after the two years will be interesting.

Another place I'm losing cash is with my AC units. I have three separate condensers that are each only 10 seer. I see the minimum for new construction built after 2005 is 13 seer, which is strange because this house was finished in late 2006.

I see that newer AC units claim as high as 26 seer now, with the units I would consider at 19 seer. Since my equipment is only five years old, I'm not going to replace them now. Maybe in another 10 years the seer rating and/or cost of a 30-45kW solar installation will change where I decide to put my money. I wouldn't care if my AC was inefficient as long as I was only paying the $8 basic connection charge each month.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:22 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,978,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danknee View Post
They are revamping that program and are not accepting new customers at this time...they claim to be rolling out a wave of voluntary rate plans over the next two years that are guaranteed to not increase your rate. What happens after the two years will be interesting.

Another place I'm losing cash is with my AC units. I have three separate condensers that are each only 10 seer. I see the minimum for new construction built after 2005 is 13 seer, which is strange because this house was finished in late 2006.

I see that newer AC units claim as high as 26 seer now, with the units I would consider at 19 seer. Since my equipment is only five years old, I'm not going to replace them now. Maybe in another 10 years the seer rating and/or cost of a 30-45kW solar installation will change where I decide to put my money. I wouldn't care if my AC was inefficient as long as I was only paying the $8 basic connection charge each month.

For us, it's all about insulation. Make the house a fortress against heat, and then we can run the AC for four hours in the morning and the place is cool until sunset, and we run the AC for two hours and that's it for the day.

Most days, the swamp cooler is all we need.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:44 AM

8,397 posts, read 4,562,850 times
Yesterdays afternoon rain got my apartments smartmeter wet. It failed with a error "E4000". I was without power for 11 hours. It was a NIGHTMARE getting NVEnergy to, first, admit it was their problem and second to come out and fix it. I've lived here for 7 years through much worse weather and never had a problem with my old tech meter. Their last excuse was they had no access to the meters to fix it. I reminded them that it was located in the same closet they've had access to for the last 7 years.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:13 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,631,882 times
I looked up that error code E4000 on the NVenergy's website
it the: "I'm melting, I'm Melting, Oh what a world!!" Error

Jonathan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas