U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 11-18-2010, 02:00 PM
 
110 posts, read 134,901 times
Reputation: 47
Default Crime rates S Durango/ Starboard Dr area

Hi every one,

Im new here on this forum.
My gf and me are lookin for an apt around S Durango/ W Charleston and so on..
Summerlin/Spring Valley area pretty much.
How is the crime rate there, or gangs and stuff ? I tried to look on the LVMPD website, but my internet is slow as f***.
We found this great place at Soaring Gulls dr, but after further study I found out that particular apt complex is infested with druggies and other lowlifes. No place to start a family I wud say.

Tnx in advance for your reactions
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-18-2010, 02:10 PM
 
8 posts, read 9,366 times
Reputation: 13
I haven't been to the Durango area that much but I know it's full of druggies. Try to move closer to Summerlin. Henderson(Green Valley/7 Hills area) is also really safe. I was walking around random places at night alone a lot of times and I never experienced crime there.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2010, 02:13 PM
 
8 posts, read 9,366 times
Reputation: 13
You know what **** it. You want to start a family? Move the **** away from Vegas. I guess Henderson is good , but Vegas is NOT a good places to raise a family.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2010, 02:14 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
450 posts, read 997,646 times
Reputation: 297
Certain parts of the Lakes area up there are safe and quiet. Soaring Gulls seems to always have condos for sale, not sure because of the situation you mentioned via the LVMPD website or not. I've heard not so nice things about Allanza at the Lakes apartments up there, formerly Sunrise Meadows lately. Lots of crime, noise disturbances, break-ins, etc. Try going south a bit say around Durango and Trop/Flamingo.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2010, 02:22 PM
 
110 posts, read 134,901 times
Reputation: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by rereman View Post
You know what **** it. You want to start a family? Move the **** away from Vegas. I guess Henderson is good , but Vegas is NOT a good places to raise a family.

thats nonsense, summerlin isnt bad, but it has to be affordable too.
theres negative everywhere, and Im not sayin we'll stay at a certain place forever. Im just keepin in mind that, if there will be kids, we dont wanna move cuz of the area.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2010, 02:22 PM
 
3,622 posts, read 2,852,771 times
Reputation: 4210
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKJJ View Post
Hi every one,

Im new here on this forum.
My gf and me are lookin for an apt around S Durango/ W Charleston and so on..
Summerlin/Spring Valley area pretty much.
How is the crime rate there, or gangs and stuff ? I tried to look on the LVMPD website, but my internet is slow as f***.
We found this great place at Soaring Gulls dr, but after further study I found out that particular apt complex is infested with druggies and other lowlifes. No place to start a family I wud say.

Tnx in advance for your reactions
I think you are referring to Desert Shores- off of Soaring Gulls/Rampart (Durango is Rampart before Cheyenne)

I lived there for 2 years in 2000 when I first moved to Vegas. I liked living there but yes you had the typical crime you would expect from living in an apartment complex. Personally I would look in Centennial Hills. There are one million apartments, lol, you can choose from. Look in the ones in Providence. Or you could look in the apartment complex off of Durango/Dorrell. Smiths and the hospital are across the street and you are near an elementary school.

I bet you can rent a home for fairly cheap right now. Again if you are looking for a family setting look in Centennial Hills.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2010, 02:24 PM
 
3,622 posts, read 2,852,771 times
Reputation: 4210
Quote:
Originally Posted by rereman View Post
You know what **** it. You want to start a family? Move the **** away from Vegas. I guess Henderson is good , but Vegas is NOT a good places to raise a family.
It's working out fine for me. If you are a bad parent then you are right. Generally the kids who get in trouble or are lost have parents who don't care.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2010, 02:26 PM
 
110 posts, read 134,901 times
Reputation: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygirl4 View Post
Certain parts of the Lakes area up there are safe and quiet. Soaring Gulls seems to always have condos for sale, not sure because of the situation you mentioned via the LVMPD website or not. I've heard not so nice things about Allanza at the Lakes apartments up there, formerly Sunrise Meadows lately. Lots of crime, noise disturbances, break-ins, etc. Try going south a bit say around Durango and Trop/Flamingo.
Ya, I try to read alot on apartmentratings.com and sites like that.
So I kinda already filtered out the crappy ones lol
But I was wonderin if this particular apt complex on S Durango called Rancho Destino was any good.
I cudnt find that on any of the rating sites, and they tend to post negative things on these sites in general anyway.
Does anybody know how the Starboard Dr area is?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2010, 02:37 PM
 
110 posts, read 134,901 times
Reputation: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
I think you are referring to Desert Shores- off of Soaring Gulls/Rampart (Durango is Rampart before Cheyenne)

I lived there for 2 years in 2000 when I first moved to Vegas. I liked living there but yes you had the typical crime you would expect from living in an apartment complex. Personally I would look in Centennial Hills. There are one million apartments, lol, you can choose from. Look in the ones in Providence. Or you could look in the apartment complex off of Durango/Dorrell. Smiths and the hospital are across the street and you are near an elementary school.

I bet you can rent a home for fairly cheap right now. Again if you are looking for a family setting look in Centennial Hills.
Ya, I think thats what it is, its basicly on the corner of Rampart and Cheyenne, on Soarin Gulls.
I was lookin on the LVMPD site, and the last 20 days or so there were round 30 incidents there alone.

And you are right, there loads of apartments, but whenever I see an N or an E in front of a streetname, its an automatic NO GO ... Ow, and also everythin that says: minutes from the strip lol
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2010, 03:31 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
3,731 posts, read 5,706,831 times
Reputation: 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by rereman View Post
You know what **** it. You want to start a family? Move the **** away from Vegas. I guess Henderson is good , but Vegas is NOT a good places to raise a family.
I did and still am....with absolutely no problems.

Have you?
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top