Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 12:12 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,624,896 times

Advertisements

Mon Ami Gabi works as romantic if its evening and if you sit on the patio and get to watch the Bellagio fountains.

Don't attempt if the temperature is below 60, or its very windy. Above 60 its fine. Theres heat lamps that work well.

And Olecapt is right again, its too busy inside to be anything romantic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 01:02 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
I think an ultra romantic setting on a first date is over kill. It's kind of cold now but I love standing in front of the Bellagio-you have music, and the fountains to fill in the awkward moments. I have not been there but the Mon Ami place sounds perfect. Especially if you can see the fountains at the same time.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:08 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,946,956 times
I went to Mon Ami Gabi for this very purpose (to see the Ballagio fountains) and was disappointed. There is a LOT in the way of that view, not least of which is a bunch of trees and people on the street making all kinds of noise, not to mention car/bus traffic. Aren't there restaurants IN the Ballagio which have better, unobstructed views of the fountains?

Old 12-04-2010, 02:25 PM

848 posts, read 1,723,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
I went to Mon Ami Gabi for this very purpose (to see the Ballagio fountains) and was disappointed. There is a LOT in the way of that view, not least of which is a bunch of trees and people on the street making all kinds of noise, not to mention car/bus traffic.
True, too much in the way to view the fountains across the street but for a romantic dinner, the interior dining area is really nice and classy. It is fun to dine at the patio during the warmer months and people watch.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:20 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,317,694 times
I agree with Lyra about first dates. An expensive meal is overkill for a woman. She is faced with wondering if she is dressed right for the environment you took her to, what should she order that doesn't make her look greedy and then how are her table manners, what do we talk about and does she have salad greens stuck on her front teeth. Once you get to know each other and are comfortable, the expensive dinners are really appreciated then. At the beginning, fun is the operative word.

CaltoVegas, I have to straighten you out on your thinking which I take extreme exception to. Your claiming men have the advantage in their older years and that they get women to date them as young as 18? P l e a s e ...... First off, if your a mature man and can find something in common with an 18 year old, you've missed a lot of life and if a younger woman goes out with a much older man, she's going out for the money because she can any day date a man her age.

Secondly, look around you and name one male, using those in public life we would all know, who has aged well. Men lose it.......along with their hair. They get out of shape, in most cases, with big pot bellies, stoop shouldered and bent and ruddy complexioned if they drank. I am mature and single and in the 4 months I have lived here, I have only seen one single man that looked good enough I would be interested. And I'm not the exception because all my single friends say the same thing. I'm not shut off from the world; go out often, belong to single groups and go thru the Match.com's, E-Harmonies and Zoosk sites and just shake my head in disbelief.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:12 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Regis Philbin.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:01 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,858,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
... Secondly, look around you and name one male, using those in public life we would all know, who has aged well. ...
George Clooney? Sean Connery?

Old 12-05-2010, 09:05 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,858,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
... A man at any age if he has money can date down to 18 but a old woman with all the money in the world is still going to have a tough time getting a man to service her.
Question: Where can I find hot 18 year old babes who are into middle aged balding men with pot-bellies?

Answer: In the book store. In the fiction section.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:51 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,721,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Question: Where can I find hot 18 year old babes who are into middle aged balding men with pot-bellies?

Answer: In the book store. In the fiction section.
[SIZE=3]The most ugliest man on the planet could show up in Vegas wearing a suite made of $100 bills and still get laid.[/SIZE]

Old 12-05-2010, 03:20 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
[SIZE=3]The most ugliest man on the planet could show up in Vegas wearing a suite made of $100 bills and still get laid.[/SIZE]
YOu answered a different question.

I was at one point a low 40s bachelor. And I had money and a suitable positon etc.

I had to beat the ladies off a bit...but I found very few not well into there thirties or more. And I mostly dated my age or older.

Practically I don't think I would have considered an arrangement with a younger woman...among other reasons because my household consisted of four late teen early twenties females. But it never came up. And I had only a small roll in those days...was still playing competitive volley ball. Had lost only a little hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas