Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 08:17 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robustus View Post
Umm.... Nebraska? :-)
The only good thing I could think of was the bra in the middle?

Old 12-14-2010, 08:17 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
To the OP [who has never bothered to make another post since asking the dumdest question in the worl.] ANYone that moves ANYwhere without knowing what and why youre gettin into something is short a few brain cells.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:38 PM

211 posts, read 394,657 times
Took about a year for me to find such a post, of what I suspected:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmgirlok View Post
... Someone predicted that 70,000 people would leave next year or will have left by the end of this year. There was an article in the paper that the economy is so bad that even the Mexicans are going home.
It is very expensive to live here. There are no jobs. Everything is just so depressed here. My son is considering moving back here, because this is home to him, and I just think he wants to be home. I would get out of here if I could. The good days of Vegas are gone. Someone needs to turn out the lights. I basically can't leave, because you can't give away a house here, and I don't have a lot of money in savings or I would just walk.
I guess the only positive is that you said you wanted a warmer climate. It will be really warm if you can't pay your $600 power bills during the summer months.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,562 times
I am a retired Bostonian. I am seeking a monthly rental. I'd like to explore relocating to Vegas. Any suggestions welcome. John

Old 12-19-2010, 10:57 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
extended stay motels might be your only option.. it's illegal in clark county to rent a home for a month

Old 12-20-2010, 12:42 AM

2 posts, read 2,562 times
Default extended stay

Any ideas? I am seeking a furnished one bedroom or large studio.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:42 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,807,414 times
I use to complain about my shoes until I meet the person with no feet! Each area has it's perks. Retiring to Las vegas seems like a good move. There will always be someplace else which seems better than LV but making the most of where you live is the key. Most back east states the weather is the NO1 reason to leave. Humidity in the short summers are a bummer and winters are too long. Going to the SW makes sense especially for 50 and over.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:49 AM

42 posts, read 79,546 times
You must decide what is best for you.

You could stay and then have regrets later (could of should of what if).

You could move and still regret it.

Maybe vacation in Vegas first, before an actual move.

I personally hate the extreme summer heat. So, I try to stay indoors during the hottest part of the day when possible.

Whatever you do, I would recommend having a job before you move here (or any place for that matter).

Old 01-08-2011, 03:49 PM

80 posts, read 151,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan05 View Post
Farmgirlok...I came to Henderson from Ohio and it is almost exactly the same as far as bills go...Actually the only bill that was more was car insurance...We never had a 600 bill in the summer and had a pool...300 was the most our electric bill was and we can pay that in Ohio in the winter for gas...Trash was every 3 months in Las Vegas and Ohio is 42 a month for 4 pick-ups...To the person who started the post....just research very well as moving to Las Vegas is a big deal, but worth it if you can make it..We are returning soon as we left for personal reasons because we love it there and have many friends. There are jobs, just none that pay greatly right now..You can get something to get by until things start looking up in a year or so..When you post on here about moving, there are typically the same group that spell doom for Las Vegas and then the ones that love it here. Las Vegas is not done as Farmgirl has said, and it will be a lot better when 70,000 leave as it was 10 years ago before they came. Anyone that was there will tell you it was WAY better back then before it population blew up.....
Of course, it was way better back when. I loved it in the 60's and 70's.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:44 AM

203 posts, read 545,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyasuka View Post
Hi guys I am definitely considering moving across the country next year. I currently live in illinois and want to move to the Las Vegas Area. Since I have never been there I dont know what to expect. The reason I am moving is because I am not happy with where I live now, its a small surburban town and I can't stand it! I also want to live in a warmer climate. My main goal is to start a new life, and get a fresh start.

Everybody I know has told me that it's a bad idea to move to another state alone. The only person I will know there is my cousin who will be attending college and living on campus and other than that I know no one.

I have an apartment lined up and my job will transfer me but I am not guaranteed the hours that I will need to live off of. I am currently seeking a back up job.

I was so determined to make this move before as I thought that this move will help me grow as a person and allow me to find myself. Also to see another side of life as I haven't traveled much in my 20 something years of life. I guess I just feel depressed and trapped and looking for happiness.

Please help, what should I do? Honest answers!

Thats a hard question. Its like asking what toilet smells worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: