Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 10:54 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,332,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
I wasn't even talking about illegal immigrants in my post.
Where's the evidence that Latino Americans are doing work that other American citizens and legal residents refuse to do? That's why I added the illegal aspect. When there is talk that group X is taking jobs 'that American's won't do,' Group X usually refers to illegal immigrants.

If you're not talking about illegals, then it sounds like you're trying to say that Latinos in the US (who are here legally) are doing jobs that other legal US residents will not accept. Is there evidence to back this up? I've never heard this claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 06:38 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Where's the evidence that Latino Americans are doing work that other American citizens and legal residents refuse to do? That's why I added the illegal aspect. When there is talk that group X is taking jobs 'that American's won't do,' Group X usually refers to illegal immigrants.

If you're not talking about illegals, then it sounds like you're trying to say that Latinos in the US (who are here legally) are doing jobs that other legal US residents will not accept. Is there evidence to back this up? I've never heard this claim.
Well I guess I could find you an authoritative source...but I would think you would notice the same thing MomMom and I do. The bottom rung of service jobs is filled by hispanics. Ever note who changes the beds in hotel rooms? Who does the dishes in the local sushi bar? Who cuts my grass and cleans my house? The ones I know personally happen to be legal...though I would not venture a guess on the guys in the sushi bar.

One side of my family came here a long time ago from Ireland as servants for the rich on Long Island...that was what the initial Irish did. Kind of neat looking back at it from 150 years in the future.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:10 PM

42 posts, read 79,546 times
Rumor has it the Hispanic population is going to skyrocket in Nevada (Vegas particularly) due to the new laws in Arizona. We shall see.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:50 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
Where's the evidence that Latino Americans are doing work that other American citizens and legal residents refuse to do?
I think it comes down to unemployment in the teens, and regular theme of citizens looking Section 8 housing and extended unemployment benefits.

While, concurrently, you see 'Help Wanted' in so many fastfood and retail jobs.

If there were really ZERO jobs and hundreds of thousands of Americans HONESTLY looking for jobs...then there is no feasible way that you'd have hundreds of thousands of Latinos coming illegally and actually finding work.

Old 12-25-2010, 10:52 PM

119 posts, read 379,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Mapping America — Census Bureau 2005-9 American Community Survey - NYTimes.com

Just clicking around on here...even Henderson NV, which surprised me. Larges percantages of Latino everywherewhere throughout the Valley compared to ten years ago.

This website is from the NY Times, and gives the demographics per precinct.
Tiger Beer thank you a MILLION times for this INVALUABLE map
because it allows you to see and have answers on some CRUCIAL demographic question(s) in order to know where to live and where not to go,without having to ask and in the process be negatively labeled when you do.(if you're white of course!)

Old 12-26-2010, 06:35 AM

203 posts, read 545,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Latino's don't work any harder for their money than anyone else, why keep propagating this myth? They only appear to work harder, doing physical lines of work.

Amen tijlover, so true. as far as so called undocumented immigrants they make up a large percentage of people on social programs and one of the main reasons why so many people Latino,white, black are unemployed.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:57 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RATT View Post
Tiger Beer thank you a MILLION times for this INVALUABLE map
because it allows you to see and have answers on some CRUCIAL demographic question(s) in order to know where to live and where not to go,without having to ask and in the process be negatively labeled when you do.(if you're white of course!)

Wow, you sure are fixated on racial issues around the country aren't you? You thanked another poster for a similar map posted on this board back in September:

Quote:
Thank you AD1985
this is a invaluable and exceptionally useful tool,i hope every city and states will be featured on that map

But then again, it's not just the racial demographics of LV that interest you, is it? You just go from board to board to discuss this topic. Here's a post of yours from the California board:

Quote:
This a invaluable map witch give a accurate data source to some crucial and mandatory demographic question(s) that a white person can ask and automatically answer without being negatively branded with all sort of ridiculous and laughable labels just for having the impertinence to ask?

Mapping America — Census Bureau 2005-9 American Community Survey - NYTimes.com

And here's one from Portland:

Quote:
If anybody took the time to look at the demographics of Portland on city data,one would have seen that out of 566,141=73.8% of the population is white,
therefore 100-73.8= 26.2% IS NOT!!!!
What more do you want?
Out of 566,141 people in this city 35,305 are blacks!!!

You claim to be a white person
how can you think so little of your own kind and say the things that you have said above?
A black person would NEVER denigrate their race like you have "yours"?
A white person WOULD NEVER DARE to go on the Atlanta,Detroit,Washington D.C.,south side of Chicago,south central L.A. or Oakland site and say what you have said above,city-data would banned them.
Why is it that where ever you go on city data ,people are allowed to DENIGRATE and classified a majority white area as being something EVIL or NEGATIVE!
Most puzzling to me is why these people whom are always coming with this sort of stuff about :to much white,so white,outrageously white,concern with so many whites,ect,ect, are always looking to move in these areas witch have a majority of the people they fear,hate or do not want to be around?
and than ask these questions where ignorance, bigotry and racism is express on their part.
If a majority white causes such phobias in one why doesn't one stay the hell away?......

Here's one from the Montana board, where you considered moving to. (Gee, I wonder why?):

Quote:
92% white bad???? and ALL Caucasian,
now that's racist imagine saying it the other way around

I could go on and on, but why bother? I just wish that there were maps that could identify where people of your ilk congregate.

Old 12-26-2010, 03:23 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,254 times
ROFL

Wow nice digging Madman.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:06 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post

I could go on and on, but why bother? I just wish that there were maps that could identify where people of your ilk congregate.
those maps are drawn painstakingly on white sheets

Old 12-26-2010, 10:28 PM

119 posts, read 379,446 times
For the individual who is fascinated by my previous postings,
i make no apologies nor do i have too.
These issues must be brought up,debated and exposed and i never miss a chance to do so,in area that i am considering for relocation.
Furthermore they are available to be red by everyone in our files section,witch is one of the option of this wonderful forum,one does not need to be Columbo to do so.
If you can stomach it ....well that's too god-dammed bad,live with it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: