Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 08:45 PM

15 posts, read 31,103 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the replies. I am currently paying $500 a month on an even pay plan here in CA for both Gas and Electric service. So it is sounding like I may have a slightly increased amount ot pay in the winter with the propane. We will look into heat pumps or and elevtric furnace as an upgrade and also into solar as a possibility.

The well is $600 per year for the house we are in negotiations on currently. The next door neighbor is the "owner" of the well. We asked about her propane usage but it is a retired couple in a much smaller, 3000sq ft home.

Hopefully with any luck our home search is over and we made the right decision on area. It is near 215 and Ann Rd. Looks to be a good area from what we can tell. If anyone care to share anything they know about the area I am all ears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 10:48 PM

307 posts, read 1,220,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowncuda View Post
First off new to the forum and from what I have seen looks like a great place for info.

Anyway the wife and I are relocating to Las Vegas, she is there now I will join her in June or so. We are looking into buying a home in the northwest part of town. Mostly half acre sites that are on well water and propane. This is where my questions come in.

First off a little backround. We have been looking at 4500-5000sq ft homes. All have been on propane and well water. We will have 4 of us living in the home, wife, myself, and two older children 18 and 21. The houses are for the most part all propane appliances. Heating, cooking, dryer etc. What is an average use amount in the area? Not looking to get real specific just trying to get a feel for what we will be facing in terms os cost.

Also we have seen a Well Water fee on some of the paperwork but not a dollar amount? have been unable to find anything out there on this. Our agent is looking into it as well but thought I might ask here as well. Any ideas what we are looking at here?

Lastly any words of wisdom on relocating to Las vegas? We have visited frequently both the strip and with friends who live in Henderson. We are excited but also quite anxious about the move, have heard a lot of things that we are concerned about.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
the electric bill runs between $200-$350 during the summer months for 1,200 sq. ft. house

Old 01-27-2011, 10:59 PM

15 posts, read 31,103 times
Will do thanks for the info. If we can ever get a price and terms agreed to we will make sure to look over everything well.

Amazingly enough we actually have found an equity owner if you can imagine that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas