Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 09:04 PM

322 posts, read 709,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionababes View Post
I just came across this site, its pretty decent and great info about vegas!

I was in Vegas in May past, stayed in the NYNY and the little pizza place in there was beautiful! I seriously missed it when I came home and had to go back to same old kebab after a night out.

A large sausage pizza from the NY NY at the end of the night and the cold left overs when you wake up...yummy!
The pizza at NYNY food court (Brooklyn something) is downright nasty. Sorry you couldn't get off the strip!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 01:04 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,338,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danknee View Post
I love the family style vegetarian pizza from Papa Murphy's.... but they don't exist in Vegas, right?
*Edit - HOLY CRAP! They do have a Papa Murphy's on Craig and 4900 West! Thank you for this. I just ordered a family size Vegetarian Gourmet Pizza....I'm the only one eating it, LOL.

Out here I do love almost all the pizzas at BJ's brew house.
I love BJ's too.

Where the he** is JFK. THis is his job.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:56 AM

57 posts, read 131,908 times
Well I thought NY NY pizza was great! Alot of people do...different preferences. b

Old 01-29-2011, 10:00 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,484,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I love BJ's too.

Where the he** is JFK. THis is his job.
You beat me on this one...I was fast asleep!

Old 01-29-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
You beat me on this one...I was fast asleep!
Out for another drive, were you?

Ya know, some people like pineapple on their ...uhhhh ...uhhh ...well they even call it pizza. Good for them. Just don't do it in front of me.

The xyl brought home a Grimaldi's last night. I love Grimaldi's, but I'd like every other one to be something like North Side Nathan's or even Pizza Hut. Don't have the heart to tell her though.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:33 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,242,640 times
Quote:
Out for another drive, were you?

Ya know, some people like pineapple on their ...uhhhh ...uhhh ...well they even call it pizza. Good for them. Just don't do it in front of me.

The xyl brought home a Grimaldi's last night. I love Grimaldi's, but I'd like every other one to be something like North Side Nathan's or even Pizza Hut. Don't have the heart to tell her though.
I know what you mean.

I like Grimaldis, but there is something about their crust. I would imagine that their crust is unleavened to be that thin. It's not as tasty as a slow rise...yeasty good crust. Still, I really like it!

Is that why you like switching it up? Is it the crust or something else?

Old 01-29-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
I know what you mean.

I like Grimaldi's, but there is something about their crust. I would imagine that their crust is unleavened to be that thin. It's not as tasty as a slow rise...yeasty good crust. Still, I really like it!

Is that why you like switching it up? Is it the crust or something else?
Guess I'm not used to bianca pizza. It's good though. I agree about the crust. I like a thick crust or deep dish pizza, but I took to Grimaldi's for some reason. I think it's more like what I saw in Italy, and if it's good enough for Italians....

This explains the coal fired brick oven and New York water. I guess New York water is safe after being heated in the oven. I'd probably like it even better if they used bituminous coal from West Virginia, since half the homes in my neighborhood used it for heat in winter, and the smell is more familiar. Also, Beat helloutta Pitt, and Go EERS!

Grimaldi's offers over 100 years of pizza-making traditions and the tantalizing aroma of pizza and calzones baked to perfection in the signature coal burning oven.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:07 PM

Trains and factories also burned bituminus coal, but everyone knows I'm too old to remember that.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:42 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,484,904 times
Quote:
I'm right with you on this one...two things that should not include fruit in any form: pizza & beer!

Old 01-29-2011, 10:22 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,896,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fionababes View Post
Well I thought NY NY pizza was great! Alot of people do...different preferences. b

Well, are you taking about "Brooklyn Pizza" (i think) in NY NY from the food court area.. or.. are you talking about America Cafe in NY NY (like I mentioned in the OP)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas