Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 12:24 AM

4,036 posts, read 2,890,448 times

Advertisements

Anthem CC to The District is 15 minutes on a bad day. I've consistently made it in 15 from the southernmost part of Sun City Anthem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 10:34 AM

990 posts, read 1,645,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vox View Post
^ I am use to LA traffic, having had to drive the 405 from Newport Beach up to Burbank 3 days a week. Trust me, nothing I have ever seen(aside from "the Strip" during a holiday weekend), could even compare to that hellish traffic. I also like the fact there is only one way in and out, that tends to detract criminal activity. Is Anthem close to "The District"?
Do you know why they call it the 405?
'Cus it takes 4 or 5 hours to get anywhere on it.
What a horrible commute route you had.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,942 times
Could you please give me the names of the good and safe neighborhood's names, around Las Vegas ?
In addition, I am looking for a gated community, any names?
Thanks in advance..

Old 03-19-2011, 06:11 PM

91 posts, read 174,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
Anthem CC is definitely nice, one of my friends lives up there.

Only downside I can think to Anthem is the fact there is only one way in and out and traffic can be pretty bad during commute times.
What a terrible job they did in the design of that. The freeway access is terrible.

You just can't have it all.

Seven Hills is not 24 hour, but it has to be the best spot in Henderson, with GVR a close second. Overall, if you have a family with school age kids, GVR is the best because the schools are the best.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:32 PM

26 posts, read 59,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
There are 11. The trails is the killer...There are 3 below $500K and 1 below $200K.

Without the trails there are about 100 with 30 below $500K.

Anthem Country Club is the most likely answer.
Trails is always a killer...So few places decided to bother doing them and many that did have let them go due to HOA issues over the last few years.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:00 AM

15 posts, read 24,511 times
Seven Hills may be the best community in Henderson, very quiet, peaceful & family oriented!

Old 03-20-2011, 12:03 PM

395 posts, read 1,076,601 times
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Grand Legacy or The Fountains. Grand Legacy sits on the front 9 of the Legacy golf course and is guard gated. The Fountains is primarily 1/2 acre+ lots with huge houses. Both are guard gated. Grand Legacy is at VV and Wigwam, whereas the Fountains is at GV and Robindale. Both are very close to the district.

I live in Grand Legacy and the HOA dues are ~$150 per month (that is to both my association (The gallery) and the master (Grand Legacy). Not sure about the fountains dues.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:06 PM

395 posts, read 1,076,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas2005 View Post
What a terrible job they did in the design of that. The freeway access is terrible.

You just can't have it all.

Seven Hills is not 24 hour, but it has to be the best spot in Henderson, with GVR a close second. Overall, if you have a family with school age kids, GVR is the best because the schools are the best.
I disagree with that. You can go out the back way by the Henderson airport and end up on I-15. Coming down eastern you can turn on Sunridge Heights (which turns into GV parkway when it turns north), or 146/St. Rose/Pecos, or just continue on Eastern to get to 215. That doesn't seem like horrible freeway access.

Also, why is everyone always concerned about getting to and driving on the freeway. Often times surface streets are just as fast at getting onto the freeway.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:58 PM

26 posts, read 59,583 times
How about Macdonald Ranch? Some tremendous homes there.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:21 PM

145 posts, read 489,039 times
Default Guard Gated Communities

Could someone tell me a list of the guard gated communities that are located within the Green Valley area, and what you would consider to be the best? Looking to find a home that is near the Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa, but that is located within a 24 hour GUARD GATED community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: