Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2011, 02:24 PM

270 posts, read 535,006 times

Advertisements

Accepted the job, now to purchase a home. Job is in Summerlin and I would like to be also. I've been told by future colleagues that Desert Shores is a great community in Summerlin and I drove through it yesterday. Lovely. I'm unable to narrow down a search on realtor.com to include only Desert Shores properties, so I'm asking those in the are to give me some idea on price range for home purchase there. Basic requirements:3 bedroom/2bath, 1500 sf or more. Open to condo/townhome also.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2011, 04:39 PM

62 posts, read 196,539 times
Hi,

funny, i just put in an offer on a house in desert shores from what i saw - they have everything in desert shores. from condos to mansions. I started on realtor.com but had the same problem as you. So i ended up contacting a couple agents and said to start sending me only properties in desert shores. after a week, it was clear that one of the realtors was sending me great stuff exactly what i asked for and others were just showing me stuff from all over (didnt really listen to what i asked for). so i just went with her, and she found me a great house that is a short sale. Coming from Los Angeles - the big mansions out there are a bargain and the cost of just a down payment. So i am making a move on a big house. i started my search at $250,000 and got houses in the 2500 sq foot range in desert shores. so for what your looking for i would guess you can find something for like $200,000. you will see a major difference with every additional $50,000 you add to your budget lol Also, i found that there werent a ton of homes for sale in desert shores. i guess that speaks volumes about the community. i actually saw on zillow.com that homes were up 1.1% from last year in desert shores. thats amazing!! pricing in desert shores also ranges a lot depending how close to the lakes the house is. good luck. i hope this helps! joseph

Old 02-05-2011, 05:55 PM

270 posts, read 535,006 times
Default thanks Joseph

I truly appreciate your response. It is daunting and I really wanted advice from those in the area. I'll follow your lead and contact individual realtors, let them do some legwork, and go from there. Now.....to sell my place in NJ!

Thanks again.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:49 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,823 times
I personally like that community, but I do not think it is technically part of summerlin or village of summerlin. But it is in a good location very close to US 95 with all the shopping and restaurants. Some of the homes are on the older side, but there are some very nice homes in the higher end part. The lake is great, but there can be pests like bugs and water birds that poop all over the place. I service a few pools where the ducks will sit in the pool and crap everywhere (you think pigeons are bad!) Ducks can really lay them!

Old 02-05-2011, 07:54 PM

62 posts, read 196,539 times
hey cecnj - message me if you want the name of the realtor i used. if not, maybe ill see you lakeside in a couple months at desert shores lol

Old 02-06-2011, 07:43 AM

5 posts, read 20,540 times
There is a small community within Desert Shores called "the Racketclub" it is comprised of all townhome style houses. It is gated and has nice amenities. You can find a nice 3 bdrm townhome there in the $160,000 ish price range. There are other single family homes there in the mid $100,000 as well. I prefer the North shore side better for single family homes. but to each their own.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:48 AM

932 posts, read 2,348,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post
I personally like that community, but I do not think it is technically part of summerlin or village of summerlin. But it is in a good location very close to US 95 with all the shopping and restaurants. Some of the homes are on the older side, but there are some very nice homes in the higher end part. The lake is great, but there can be pests like bugs and water birds that poop all over the place. I service a few pools where the ducks will sit in the pool and crap everywhere (you think pigeons are bad!) Ducks can really lay them!
That is correct. It is very near but not in Summerlin.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:53 PM

307 posts, read 927,950 times
Check this website for a community description, median prices and listings for Desert Shores.

Desert Shores - Las Vegas Real Estate

Lots of Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas