Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 04:16 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,989,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
It will be either pool grill vendor, ft retail associate, or concierge representative
which one are they interviewing you for? they interview only for 1...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
You can never overdress for an interview. Have copies of your resume ready and take the opportunity to hand one out with the recruiter before the interview even starts. After the interview, get a business card from the recruiter. Good luck Davie.
he's in the audition phase, they wont even look at a resume... yet...

they are looking for personality....

Old 02-08-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic59 View Post
Sorry, I have to vote for the suit. Nothing goes over better than a polite, well spoken, confident interviewee dressed in a suit. Just don't act OVERconfident. Whatever you do, DO NOT wear any club attire. Make sure your shirt, tie, and shoes are business style, not Saturday night club style. Make sure you are well groomed, clean nails, shaved, and easy on the cologne.
Oh, and Good Luck!
sorry.. not to be cocky.. but I work for the Cosmopolitan... and My wife works for the Cosmopolitan..

they are looking for personality.. what you described is plain jane old school...that look will not get a call back.. i'll bet on it...

they want personality, very talkative, cool and collective, and urban hip.. have you been to the Cosmopolitan yet... take a look around...

there are no yuppie business types except in management.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:22 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Just saw the positions.. no suit and tie... dress pants, dress shirt.. tie optional ( i did the black t with black/grey dress shirt over it - )... nothing plain... no WHITE OR BLUE... emphasize some purple would be a plus.... you do not need the resume yet, they won't be looking.. when you go in , from the time you get there to in the audition... do not keep quiet! they will not consider a loner! have 3 things ready that you can bring to the Cosmopolitan....NEVER EVER EVER CALL IT THE COSMO!
I'm at Kmart looking right now

I have a very nice black button down shirt w/ purple stripes but it has some designs on it that make it more appropriate for the club scene

I just need a black button down shirt and some decent shoes and a purple tie if I can find one

Old 02-08-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I'm at Kmart looking right now

I have a very nice black button down shirt w/ purple stripes but it has some designs on it that make it more appropriate for the club scene

I just need a black button down shirt and some decent shoes and a purple tie if I can find one
KOHLS... Apt 9 or Axxess Shirt...

check out the video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNoBu3Ok9WQ

Old 02-08-2011, 04:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGT2rxuNc4E

How much suit and tie do you see???? and if you get the pool job, i'll be jealous.. the "scenery" is unbelievable.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:29 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
Don't know which I'm auditoning for, I was just told to comr back at 11 tomorrow

Old 02-08-2011, 05:34 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,448,090 times
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGT2rxuNc4E

How much suit and tie do you see???? and if you get the pool job, i'll be jealous.. the "scenery" is unbelievable.
There were three male Cosmopolitan employees that spoke in that video. All three of them were wearing ties and one of them was in a suit. As well, every male Cosmopolitan employee I saw in the background shots were wearing either a tie and/or suit/blazer. I don't see a suit hurting his chances.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:38 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,489,848 times
Quote:
sorry.. not to be cocky.. but I work for the Cosmopolitan... and My wife works for the Cosmopolitan..

they are looking for personality.. what you described is plain jane old school...that look will not get a call back.. i'll bet on it...

they want personality, very talkative, cool and collective, and urban hip.. have you been to the Cosmopolitan yet... take a look around...

there are no yuppie business types except in management.
Ok.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
There were three male Cosmopolitan employees that spoke in that video. All three of them were wearing ties and one of them was in a suit. As well, every male Cosmopolitan employee I saw in the background shots were wearing either a tie and/or suit/blazer. I don't see a suit hurting his chances.
management = suits costar = business casual / hip..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: