Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 03:45 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Khan View Post
What does the bolded part mean exactly?

I'm 23, gf is 21. Despite our age though, we are looking for a quieter area (We have a 2 year old). Which of the two areas, in your opinion, is safer? Less congested? Better traffic? I'll be commuting to the strip everyday for work btw.

I thought the Silverado area was more family oriented, no?
I badly stated it. To have an opinion on a rental apartment without the experience of currently living there has a risk of misleading someone. The place is as good or bad as its current management. Which can change at any time.

The apartments of Silverado are probably less family oriented than the other two. A little younger and more urban. You might like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 08:37 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,899 times
I lived in Camden Del Mar. Nice place nice management good location. Someone actually said south is better than west?

Camden Del Mar is very nice place. Lot's of shopping there as well. You're right off the 95 so getting to work not that bad. Or you could shoot up Charleston which is not that bad either really. You got the 215 Near by. Go with Camden Del Mar.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:11 PM

848 posts, read 1,724,147 times
Spring Valley, The Lakes, Peccole Ranch, Summerlin and the NW are hard to beat when it comes location, amenities and what is on offer for everyone. There is an abundance of shopping, parks, trails, schools and restaurants. It is the greenest area in the valley, lots of mature trees all around and the accessibility to the Strip is also a plus. The best part of residing in the area is its proximity to Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area and Mt. Charleston, two very scenic places in Vegas.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:20 AM

60 posts, read 171,891 times
Sorry to have to bump this thread but I found 3 more places to consider. Sigh.

Any opinions on:

Remington Canyon Remington Canyon - Apartments homes

Viviani Ovation :: Viviani

The Equestrian on Eastern Henderson Nevada Apartments - HOME - The Equestrian on Eastern

Old 02-26-2011, 02:38 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
Quote:

Any opinions on:

Remington Canyon Remington Canyon - Apartments homes

The Equestrian on Eastern Henderson Nevada Apartments - HOME - The Equestrian on Eastern
I don't know anything about the apartments, but in terms of location I'd pick Viviani. They look nice too.

Old 02-26-2011, 02:40 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
I don't know the names, but there are some nice looking apartments in a really nice location off W. Cheyenne near the beltway. Great views up there, and lots of our famous Las Vegas conveniences nearby.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:30 PM

215 posts, read 350,565 times
Don't even look for online reviews. The people who post those are always disgruntled, and very often they're off their rocker. I've heard Camden is managed well.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:34 PM

215 posts, read 350,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herdaze View Post
Hi eveeryone, I am a newbie. I am retiring and moving from Chicago. Any advice would be appreciated. I m in town right now, looking at places in Henderson, near Eastern and Horizon Ridgee What do you think?

Lots of stuff to do in that area. Try Horizon Ridge Park. I think the address is 2725 W. Horizon Ridge Pkwy. They're townhome styles and will blow you away compared to what you get in Chicago. The attached garage (if you want it) is extra, though.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:

Any opinions on:

It is in Spring Valley definitely convenient to the freeway, shopping and not far from Red Ridge Park. It is a decent area.

One of your first apt choices, San Croix is surrounded by decent home developments and in a very convenient location. Your neighbors are Tides Homes, Medallion Homes and Monaco Homes. All middle class neighborhood. I drive and live in the area.

Goodluck with your move!

Old 02-27-2011, 02:11 AM

^^^Just want to add on my post above, Monaco Homes (Monaco Isle, Monaco Cove, Monaco Sands....) are totally different development from Monaco Apartments which is also located in Spring Valley next door to Monaco Homes. Monaco Apts are nice as well, next door to shopping and dining with Desert Breeze Park in front of the complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas