Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 05:59 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,962,597 times

Advertisements

Does Vegas have a baseball or football team? I would guess it would have to be semi-pro. I know UNLV is there but what else? Also are the boxing match tickets pretty easy to get?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 06:36 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,341,770 times
The 51's are the AAA affiliate for the Blue Jays. They play at Cashman Field which is decent especially on Thursday nights when it's dollar beer night.

For football, we have the Locos. They are the UFL and have won the championship both the years the league has been in existence. They play at Sam Boyd Stadium.

For hockey, we have the Wranglers. They play in the ECHL as an affiliate of the Phoenix Coyotes, they play at the Orleans Arena.

All the teams have reasonable ticket prices and the seats are great.

I haven't been to a boxing match yet but you can often watch matches at the Silver Nugget and other various sites. The bigger matches can cost a pretty penny to attend.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:45 PM

Thank you... Sounds great..

Old 02-21-2011, 08:48 PM

293 posts, read 641,602 times
caltovegas...you will love the teams in Vegas...That is one f the reasons we are going back. In Ohio we have to drive a hour at least to see any games and then spend a ton on $$$. To see the Wranglers, who by the way are always winning and you can see their games online(www.lasvegaswranglers.com) have deals with 4 tix, 4 drinks and 4 dogs for $40. The 51's games are awesome at night with the sun setting behind the game and have yet to see the Locos, but we also watch them online or on the tv on Versus. I think to watch the Wranglers in $7, just go to the website and click on the upcoming game and it should bring up the link.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:38 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,634,657 times
Sounds like despite no major pro teams, there is still a fun sports scene in Vegas for things besides just boxing, lol.

I wonder if there are any independent league teams in around and the area besides the AAA affiliate.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:48 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,808,160 times
Don't forget MMA and poledancing.

I got to actually go see UNLV back in the day when they were really good with Larry Johnson and Co.

Those were the days. We'd go to the Hardrock after the game; this being before they had the hotel.

Team USA comes out every summer for basketball as well.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:16 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times
The most popular sport in LV is...people watching.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:56 AM

80 posts, read 151,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
Don't forget MMA and poledancing.

I got to actually go see UNLV back in the day when they were really good with Larry Johnson and Co.

Those were the days. We'd go to the Hardrock after the game; this being before they had the hotel.

Team USA comes out every summer for basketball as well.
Oh, those were the days!! Being a Rebel fan was so much fun. I was at every home game and a lot of away games. I was at Denver when they won the Final Four........one of the highlights of my life!!
I was also at the Superdome in LA when they lost to Bobby Knight and company..........that should never have happened.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:50 PM

Wow Vegas has Hawkey too?? I grew up in the New England area..One more question. Are the fish in Lake Mead ok to eat?

Old 02-22-2011, 05:43 PM

236 posts, read 627,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Wow Vegas has Hawkey too?? I grew up in the New England area..One more question. Are the fish in Lake Mead ok to eat?
You HAVE to go to a Wranglers game.

It was suggested to me by some of the fine folks here, and it was an awesome time. Not quite NHL level, but A LOT more affordable and fun was to be had by all.

There were also a couple of scraps......good times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas