Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 11:24 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danknee View Post
At the same DMV I raised my left eyebrow to the sky during my picture with a smile. The girl actually made me retake it despite my plea to "let it roll!". She insisted that I would solidify a ticket for myself every time I was pulled over with that as my picture.

In Iowa you are told to not smile. If you do the picture is rejected and they take another one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 11:38 AM

238 posts, read 547,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjambalaya View Post
Is there any more recent experience with this?

from the DMV website I see:

The bold bit is mine. Is that new? from the last few posts it seems that foreigners could get the seasonal ID previously?

I've seen the "Driver Authorisation Card" which seems a bit odd to me, since its stamped "not Valid for ID"

Not quite sure how that works if you're stopped, "this is me" cop "well according to the card its not you...."

I don't think it matters if you're a foreigner as long as you can prove your have a valid Las Vegas address.
I live in NJ, own a house in Las Vegas and have a seasonal resident ID card. I showed my property deed and my utility bills for proof.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:31 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,290,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
In Iowa you are told to not smile. If you do the picture is rejected and they take another one.
That is not Iowa specific. It is for facial recognition software. The same rule applies for passport photos; I was even told to tuck my hair behind my ears to get a better view. No glasses, no hats.

Old 12-12-2019, 11:25 AM

1 posts, read 296 times
Is it possible to get a “real ID” seasonal resident card?

Old 12-13-2019, 11:09 AM

1,607 posts, read 2,014,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjhill View Post
Is it possible to get a “real ID” seasonal resident card?

Good question, but my guess would be since seasonal ID cards weren't acceptable forms of ID for airports before there won't be any Real ID seasonal ID cards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas