U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-08-2011, 04:08 PM

351 posts, read 450,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I find it hard to believe that anything at Bill's is "nice"...

OP - Aliante Station is where you should stay. Close to everything!
OMG, Aliante Staion?! You're just trying to get a rise out of me, right?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 04:38 PM

13,905 posts, read 9,516,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaslocal55 View Post
OMG, Aliante Staion?! You're just trying to get a rise out of me, right?

Old 03-08-2011, 04:42 PM

734 posts, read 1,016,951 times
Quote:
True. It's close to everything ... in Mesquite.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:07 PM

11,349 posts, read 19,450,513 times
Las Vegas has the most hotel rooms of any other city. Most of the Strip Hotels are top notch, and probably our worst Strip Hotel is better than the best in most towns. You can stay in four star hotels here cheaper than the dives in many other cities. So here's the answer to this often asked question ...pick one that is offering a rate you don't mind paying and stay there. But stay on the Strip until you get really familiar with this town. Keep in mind though that most of us locals never stay in local hotels since we live in homes and apartments as far away as possible from the hotels.

There are a few guys that post on here that work in hotels, and a few that come as tourists, that probably have more specific info. But I'd take all of it with a grain of salt, and look at the hotels' websites, then call the hotel's reservations desk and ask questions. I find that I get a better deal, or just as good anyway, if I call the hotel directly, rather than use a travel website with operators in New Delhi (or the back of some new deli), where I might not be able to cancel at the last minute.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:09 PM

BTW, the Strip is Las Vegas Boulevard South. Any other street address you'd better check on Mapquest, or ask.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:48 PM

8,689 posts, read 6,773,408 times
Quote:
I find it hard to believe that anything at Bill's is "nice"...

Actually, Bill's gets great reviews on TripAdvisor and their rooms look just like the rooms at the Orleans. And then there is the location, location, location! Last time I was looking for a place to stay, which was over Super Bowl weekend, their basic rooms were sold out and their prices were higher than Ballys.

Aliante? Nice place, though!!!

Old 03-08-2011, 07:09 PM

1,999 posts, read 6,354,830 times
I don't want to stay with the family (young lovers types...can we say uncomfortable?). And I agree it is smart to stay on the Strip as a tourist.

I really burned up TripAdvisor last night reading, and was shocked to read about guests at the Mandalay sleeping with a burglar going thru the lady's purse while he thought she was asleep, and some guy's laptop stolen from his room while he was staying at The Orleans...whew, really puts me off.
So, kind of came to the conclusion that I'd better get into a safe place to feel comfortable and hang the cost.

There are some pretty interesting views about things to do on yelp.com, too, if anyone is interested.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:43 PM

Where is that elusive "safe place"? You can be robbed at any hotel in the world, and I think it's usually the employees doing the stealing. There things you can do to give yourself a little more protection though. BTW, those reviews by guests are usually much exaggerated. They could even be written by competitors, or if it sounds too good, by a hotel employee.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:55 PM

12,246 posts, read 16,416,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaslocal55 View Post
OK, I'm over it & I apologize. Truce? I just think I'm soooooo right when I say tourists should stay on The Strip! That's why they're coming here! And shhhhhh..don't call me a Wisconsin "resident"-I like to think of this as a 3 month vacation. I'll be back home to Vegas next week to move into the REO I've bought sight unseen. I won't be living in the middle of The Strip like before, just a few miles down on the South Strip. (I'll be dreaming of that tomorrow while shoveling the latest dumping we're expecting here.)
Truce...good luck with the new digs.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:48 AM

263 posts, read 326,521 times
When family is in town and wants to be on the Strip but in decent accommodations with decent prices, I put them in the Flamingo. Yes, the GO rooms are nicer (newer) but if a busy night, the reception folks will give those up on a regular reservation.

Just stayed as a visitor at the Aria this week! $99 night (plus $22.50 resort fee) - for fab fab fab room with comfy bed and new all around - well worth it. I'd put my folks there next time!

I never put friends or family in the Orleans, unless they love bowling or movies - just too damn far from why they came to Vegas.

Yanno, Trop's newer remodeled rooms are quite nice too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas