Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 01:13 PM

15,842 posts, read 14,476,031 times

Advertisements

A little OT but, I thought Manhattan was wood frame over a concrete base. Some people were telling me it wasn't. Good to know I'm not nuts.

Actually, I don't think there's a condo in LV that's really worth buying. LV has never been a condo loving city. People want there SF houses. I'd rent one for a while, but I don't think I'd buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 05:31 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,634,657 times
That's not true at all. Vegas has some of the best condo projects I've ever seen. Most are brand new created just before the bust and are highly desirable buildings with incredible amenities. The condos here in Downtown LA don't compare - THIS is a house city of suburban sprawl. Anyway, I hate houses, bug-infested cheap material boxes that stick you in the burbs with a bunch of barking dogs and families. It's about how I picture hell.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:14 AM

14 posts, read 51,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
That's not true at all. Vegas has some of the best condo projects I've ever seen. Most are brand new created just before the bust and are highly desirable buildings with incredible amenities. The condos here in Downtown LA don't compare - THIS is a house city of suburban sprawl. Anyway, I hate houses, bug-infested cheap material boxes that stick you in the burbs with a bunch of barking dogs and families. It's about how I picture hell.

Johnathan: Ha, I concur! I have driven to my suburb friends' cookie-cutter house which consists of a maze of roads. I also agree that these luxury condos were built with a lot of upgrades which we can get now without paying for the upgrade prices.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:07 PM

351 posts, read 837,089 times
+1 to JonathanLB & Mikecho. I love it when I tell someone the rent I paid for a highrise on the strip, or the price I paid for a mid-rise near the strip, & they say something like "you could have a nice house in Henderson or Summerlin for that price". Duh! When they tell me they have a 4000sf house in Summerlin do I respond with "Gee, you could have a condo on the strip for what you pay for your place"? So many people have just not considered the alternatives to owning 4 outside walls, a roof & a bunch of rocks that don't have to be shared with-oh no-sometimes renters!

Old 03-30-2011, 06:22 PM

1,631 posts, read 3,951,480 times
It's not about the money it's the life style, if it were about the money everyone would live in a house. Highrise properties tend to draw a totally different buyer. A buyer that doesn't want the house and yard to take care off.
The owner of a highrise likes the lock and leave and have all the amenities at their finger tips. If you live in a highrise it's hard to be a loaner most owners are friendly, they will talk to you in the elevator, in the gym, or pool area's hook up later for get together, highrise properties host events for the residents in some of the highrise communities.
Unfortunately most housing communities the home owners tend to drive in their garages and go in their homes and never speak to a neighbor. Some of that may be changing since the economy has changed, people aren't moving every two years they can't, it's all about personal choice.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:49 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,200,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 license to sell View Post
It's not about the money it's the life style, if it were about the money everyone would live in a house. Highrise properties tend to draw a totally different buyer. A buyer that doesn't want the house and yard to take care off.
The owner of a highrise likes the lock and leave and have all the amenities at their finger tips. If you live in a highrise it's hard to be a loaner most owners are friendly, they will talk to you in the elevator, in the gym, or pool area's hook up later for get together, highrise properties host events for the residents in some of the highrise communities.
Unfortunately most housing communities the home owners tend to drive in their garages and go in their homes and never speak to a neighbor. Some of that may be changing since the economy has changed, people aren't moving every two years they can't, it's all about personal choice.
Leave the sociology to someone else please. I lived for some years in a high rise and my family has owned or leased a particular unit on Riverside Drive in NYC for something over 70 years. No they are not friendly or very neighborly. It is not a format that leads to neighborhood connectivity.

Turnberry and similar are just not communities. These are resort dwellings for those who fly in and fly out.

These places have nothing to do with local community.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:58 PM

14 posts, read 51,843 times
I guess, as of today, there are only two condos available that are not in a contingent offer.

Good: if you already bought there; plus it show signs of stability for the future HOA and re-sales.

Bad: if you are like me that has not been to Vegas yet to make a bid on a condo at Boca Raton ;(

I would rather buy into a stonger condo community and pay the extra than getting the deal on a cheaper complex that goes belly-up in the future.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:11 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,948,701 times
A new Boca Raton listing (2BR/2BA) just came on the market today. Great price too. Jump on it:
2455 W SERENE Ave #614, Las Vegas, NV 89123 | MLS# 1133606

Old 04-05-2011, 08:52 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,200,574 times
Who was looking for a penthouse in Boca...

2000 SF 179,900. 9th Floor. Short sale. $750 HOA..

Old 04-06-2011, 05:37 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,634,657 times
Really? Wow that's the one I wanted, wonder if it's the same one as before just back on the market.

I'm probably not looking in Vegas at the moment now, grr, waiting on an investment to pay off late this year / early next. Moving LA to Long Beach (cheap condo) temporarily even though I want to be in Vegas soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas