Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2011, 12:31 PM

33 posts, read 120,497 times

Advertisements

Where is a good place to get furniture and mattresses at good prices in Vegas? Need to furnish vacation home so I'm not looking for super high end expensive stuff. Ikea would have been perfect, but seems there are none in Vegas. Is there anywhere in Vegas similar to Ikea type store? I went to a few places when I was there last like RC Wiley but man were they expensive. Anyone got any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 01:36 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,298,640 times
My girlfriend and I bought a counter height kitchen table, 8 chairs, a chaise lounge, a king sized bed set and pillow top mattress through Las Vegas Furniture Direct about six months ago. The prices are unbeatable, but you have to order based on the pictures you see online only. They don't have a showroom and you have to pay 20% of the cost to return something.

We are still very happy with our purchases. Delivery is free on everything.

Buying furniture without seeing it first is a gamble, but when in Rome....

Old 04-06-2011, 02:55 PM

15,370 posts, read 38,985,577 times
Colleens Consign and Design....on Rainbow around Lakemead [I dont remember the adress, I just drive to it] They have BEAUTIFUL furniture, used and in outstanding condition and VERY cheap.....

Old 04-06-2011, 03:45 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,824,245 times
Colleen's has multiple locations, the one in the shopping center with Walmart at Rainbow and Cheyenne, and another one on Rainbow between Charleston and Oakey. I thought there was another location in the Southwest, but it either closed, or I just imagined it existed. There was also a location on Eastern but I believe it closed.

I've bought mattresses from Mattress Firm. I can't sleep on a cheap mattress, so I printed out a spreadsheet of all the Simmons Beautyrest mattresses sold by us-mattress.com, and then used the specs in the spreadsheet to compare prices and make sure I wasn't getting ripped off. If you're familiar with how mattresses are sold, you know that every store has a different name for the same mattress, so the only way to compare is to get the specs on the construction, and figure out which ones match up. If you go into the store unprepared, you could wind up paying 2x as much as you should. I figured if I could get within $100 of the online price I'd buy locally, which I did.

I'd also look at Craigslist and Costco as sources for cheap furniture for a vacation home (I don't think I'd ever consider buying a piece of used upholstered furniture, with the possible exception of a dining room chair).

Old 04-06-2011, 04:38 PM

932 posts, read 2,336,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Colleens Consign and Design....on Rainbow around Lakemead [I dont remember the adress, I just drive to it] They have BEAUTIFUL furniture, used and in outstanding condition and VERY cheap.....
I'm a big fan of Colleen's - Colleen's Classic Consignment Furnishings - but I would hardly call it very cheap. Not all of its furniture is used. Some is new, and like anything else, you get what you pay for. If I want very cheap, I'll go to a thrift store, where I can reasonably assume the quality isn't going to be what I would find at Colleen's. If I go to Colleen's, I have no worries about quality, but I'll pay more - willingly - for that lack of worry.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:06 PM

1,009 posts, read 4,026,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber_ecco View Post
Where is a good place to get furniture and mattresses at good prices in Vegas?
Clark County Public Auction

Not in Vegas, but include Latex Mattress Company and Foam By Mail in your mattress research.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:29 PM

501 posts, read 1,185,742 times
I've had great experience with Freecycle.org. Go to that site, and put in Las Vegas...it will pull up a freecycle group within the area. It's free to join, and you can search the posts for all types of stuff, from furniture to decorations. All items are totally free, no fees, etc. Some items are "offered" as used, some as brand new. I've been a member for about 2 years now and highly recommend it. Just my suggestion....

Old 04-11-2011, 04:40 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,195,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by from nv View Post
I've had great experience with Freecycle.org. Go to that site, and put in Las Vegas...it will pull up a freecycle group within the area. It's free to join, and you can search the posts for all types of stuff, from furniture to decorations. All items are totally free, no fees, etc. Some items are "offered" as used, some as brand new. I've been a member for about 2 years now and highly recommend it. Just my suggestion....
Although I have never had any luck at all from Freecycle.org, I still recommend it for others.
Maybe it can work for them. For me, I now stick to garage sales. I saw way too much furniture for sale this last weekend in Aliante's and El Dorado's community wide garage sales. Next time for both is the second weekend in October.
I know Freecycle is free, but sometimes when you can never succeed at getting any little thing, not even a book offered at freecycle, garage sales come in handy.
Go on the second day around noon or later, and people are practically throwing things at you just to get rid of them.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:35 AM

323 posts, read 785,422 times
I bought from Big's Furniture in Henderson. I furnished my whole 1/1 apartment for about $1500 I think. I got a couch, stuffed chair, dinette, and a complete queen bedroom set.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:51 PM

33 posts, read 120,497 times
Thanks everyone...will give these suggestions a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: