Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 10:29 PM

508 posts, read 1,022,116 times

Advertisements

I hired XYZ company to rent my house for me when i deployed back to iraq (not the real company name in case the moderators are reading this) and i wanted to rent it furnished so all i had to do was move my personal belongings and save on storage along with a few other things.

the rental company was like well you have to move the furnature out or we probably wont be able to rent it most people dont look for furnished houses blah blah blah. so i told her look i leave in 2 days i dont think i will have time to do that before i go. so she said that they could arrange for it to be moved if i could not get it done i was like fine i will see what i can do.

so i got a moving company to come out the day before i left and move everything. probelm was it would not fit in my storage with my car (so now i had to buy an extra storage) and the moving company drug dirt all over the house from their nasty *ss shoes... and charged me over 1000 dollars to move the stuff. anyway....

so then i get an email from the rental company asking how i am going to pay for the cleaning of the house and i let them know what i have already been through just to get the house they way they said it had to be. no answer for over two weeks. then.... i get an email from a different person with the same message i again state what a fiasco it was to get it accomplished and i had told them over getting this done and i told them two weeks ago that they have screwed me out of enough money whats a little more just get it done... why they asking me again since this should have been done 2 weeks ago...

i said if this is the kind of service you provide then i want to cancel the contract. i dont need them.

so the manager wrote back and said the lease is already signed with a tenant and there is nothing they can do. blah blah blah. so i figured im freaking screwed right... well i was calling to cancel my trash service (since i am finally settled in and able to get to a phone center) and i told the lady how im not paying for someone else's trash etc etc (she was really nice dont think i said that the way it came out in typing) so she was like no problem this is like this all the time and called the XYZ rental company they told her the tenant had not signed the lease yet.

then the lacky that sent the redundant question made the mistake of letting it slip in email that they signed this morning and want a copy of the CCR's.... and that i can buy a copy from STUV company (again for the moderators not real name) so yes i will admit at this point i am freaking angry... they point blank lied to me the owner so what are they telling the tenant?!?!!?!? and then after our "history" together they are giving me another avenue to be screwed out of more money.... i thought renting was supposed to make money and not spend literally THOUSANDs AND THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of dollars. and yes i really am out that much on this deal and the longer they touch the property the more i am spending. rent doesnt even cover all the fees. i am so F-ed in this deal....

i cant get over how they screw there clients... and i am the owner of the house... seriously how do they keep renters if there service to me is so horrible?!?!?!?!?!?!?

i need help. i want out of this IMMEDIATLY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 06:04 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
I would see if Mods can move this to the Rental/Real Estate forum or the Moving Forum.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:21 AM

508 posts, read 1,022,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I would see if Mods can move this to the Rental/Real Estate forum or the Moving Forum.
But this is las vegas specific.... things vary state to state and this is in vegas...

Old 04-16-2011, 07:01 AM

1,558 posts, read 4,784,022 times
Many contracts have a 30 days notice clause, maybe yours does. If so you can then get out of the contract.

Old 04-16-2011, 07:20 AM

10,030 posts, read 9,505,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grofica View Post
But this is las vegas specific.... things vary state to state and this is in vegas...
Send olecapt a pm, he should be able to point you in the right direction.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:26 AM

3,199 posts, read 13,396,615 times
Did you not think that you were responsible to pay for a cleaning before a tenant moved in? Try putting all this on the other direction for a moment. If you were a tenant would you move in to a place that was dirty? Normally whomever is responsible for the "dirt" is responsible for the cleaning!

In Las Vegas if I'm remembering correctly, the homeowner is responsible for trash pickup; it's in w/ your sewer bill. The amount you have to pay as the owner, could be built in to the rent.

Thousands of dollars? How so? The cleaning might have cost $200, a copy of the CCRs would have been in with your purchase when you bought the house; did you leave it in the house somewhere? I can order all subdivision or condo docs here for $300 or $400 obviously I don't know w hat yours cost but could you tell us? I can't believe it's thousands of dollars, though.

You have a lot on your mind and were in a hurry so perhaps you did not go over the contract with them. See if you can't get this all straightened out; take a few minutes and read your agreement again and if you could soften up the language and sarcasm in your e-mails that would also help. Stay safe and don't sweat this small stuff. Luckily you have income already coming in as the house is rented, be thankful for that too in this economy in Las Vegas that's no small thing.

God bless and thank you for your service to us, and your sacrifice.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:52 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,200,574 times
Practically it is very difficult to escape a property management contract once executed and a tenant in place. You need to read the contract and see what it says. Do you have the standard GLVAR contract or something else?

I would expect a very expensive buy out clause to end the contract.

Practically you ride it out and don't renew. The other option is likely lawyers and big expense.

I have an arrangement with a pretty good property manager if you need that later.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:10 AM

207 posts, read 509,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
In Las Vegas if I'm remembering correctly, the homeowner is responsible for trash pickup; it's in w/ your sewer bill. The amount you have to pay as the owner, could be built in to the rent.
Yes, and I believe one of the items that could resuld in a lein on the property if not paid. You must (and want to) keep the trash/sewer in your name to protect your own interests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKat View Post
God bless and thank you for your service to us, and your sacrifice.
Ditto.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:51 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,962,597 times
Tell them your going to contact the local news media. It's not good to be on blast about mesing with troops in Iraq especially in a town with a military base..There's a possibility of being black balled..

Old 04-16-2011, 11:59 AM

3,199 posts, read 13,396,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Tell them your going to contact the local news media. It's not good to be on blast about mesing with troops in Iraq especially in a town with a military base..There's a possibility of being black balled..
Simply remember that there are always 2 sides (and sometimes 3) to every "story". Encouraging someone to threaten media coverage for something that we don't know the other side's version of, is irresponsible in my opinion. I am the first in line to support soldiers but let's get some more information before jumping on that media bandwagon please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas