Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:19 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I know the woman usually wins, but not always. in my case, I wanted a completely different place and we ended up where my husband wanted to be. I still bug him about that 7 years later.
In Davies case, from what he says on here, his gf calls the shots too much. I think it's time he did what he wants for a change, not always what she wants. What she wants isn't always the best for both. She could always live in Green Valley and he in Centennial hills. Then they can visit each other. Would cost more, but I think it would be better overall.
you know pink string normally I don't mind at my girlfriend calls all the shots, there really using too much that I want. but living in centennial hills is the 1 thing that I do want and I'm not going to back down on. if she can agree with me to live in centennial hills, than the.rest can be worked out

this is the 1 thing I want just as badly as when I had wanted moved out to las vegas last year, but back then I didn't know where in las vegas I wanted to live thats why do I want that just as bad to live in CH that is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 09:37 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,474,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
you know pink string normally I don't mind at my girlfriend calls all the shots, there really using too much that I want. but living in centennial hills is the 1 thing that I do want and I'm not going to back down on. if she can agree with me to live in centennial hills, than the.rest can be worked out

this is the 1 thing I want just as badly as when I had wanted moved out to las vegas last year, but back then I didn't know where in las vegas I wanted to live thats why do I want that just as bad to live in CH that is
So, then, what you just told pinkie, tell your girlfriend the same thing.

A relationship is give and take, one can't always be the taker and vice a versa.

Explain to your girl how much it means to you to live in a certain area of town and she'll come around to your side just this once.

Just be careful financial wise, an apt in CH means more $$$ per month and make sure your job will be steady and stable come the end of the summer.

Much good luck to you!

Old 04-27-2011, 02:31 PM

699 posts, read 2,219,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Do you think GV or CH has more traffic?
We'd say GV does, more consistently than CH.
Maybe because there's more people in GV than CH?

Old 04-28-2011, 12:09 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
7 years later, still bugging him?
Yes, only when we are arguing about something related to where we live.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:17 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Fortune Cookie say: Better to make her happy and get yum-yum...than to make you happy and get none-none.

Buzz is wise beyond his years...and that's a lot of years!
Heyyyyyy!

Old 04-28-2011, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I know the woman usually wins, but not always. in my case, I wanted a completely different place and we ended up where my husband wanted to be. I still bug him about that 7 years later.
In Davies case, from what he says on here, his gf calls the shots too much. I think it's time he did what he wants for a change, not always what she wants. What she wants isn't always the best for both. She could always live in Green Valley and he in Centennial hills. Then they can visit each other. Would cost more, but I think it would be better overall.
You just answered your own statement. He can't win by picking a house she doesn't like. And most wimmin won't like what a man picks just to have something to use on him. Regardless, unless he acquiesces to what she wants, just like you do, she'll bug him forever. Y'all girls just can't help yerselves. It's in your genes ...and jeans.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
So, then, what you just told pinkie, tell your girlfriend the same thing.

A relationship is give and take, one can't always be the taker and vice a versa.

Explain to your girl how much it means to you to live in a certain area of town and she'll come around to your side just this once.

Just be careful financial wise, an apt in CH means more $$$ per month and make sure your job will be steady and stable come the end of the summer.

Much good luck to you!
Yeah, give her the last word, and take your lumps.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:06 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
It's amazing, when it comes to making a decision of where or what to buy, as far as a house, the woman has the final say.

I just finished reading a bio of a famous movie star, who had lived with his wife in a beautiful mansion in Beverly Hills. All their neighbors were close friends.

The wife, suddenly made the decision to downsize, bought a penthouse condo on the 39th floor of a condo building in L.A., him screaming and crying all the way up the elevator. He hated every minute of living there and missed his garden plot.

Hey! What part of the real world don't you understand!!!

Old 04-28-2011, 02:08 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
In Davies case, since his girlfriend rules everything else, he should at least be able to pick where to live. It would be different if they were married, then she gets to pick where to live. They are only living together. I still think she should get her own small apt where she wants, he gets a small one where he wants and they visit each other now and then. Both would actually be a lot happier, even though they don't see it that way now.
Otherwise, he goes along with what she wants and is unhappy, then they fight all the time, while he longs for Centennial hills and is stuck in Green Valley. It's also nice in Green Valley, so it's not such a bad place to be stuck at really.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:30 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,474,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Yeah, give her the last word, and take your lumps.
Hey!! Just remember the rule for a man to live by..

Happy Wife, Happy Life

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas