Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 03:10 PM

697 posts, read 3,279,215 times

Advertisements

Also, could anyone point me in the right direction for resources to find rentals. I go to rental websites but it seems as if there is just a limited number compared to what is available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 03:54 PM

76 posts, read 362,756 times
Exclamation OK settle down

First of you all need to settle down. My son will be graduating from UNLV this December and has been there for 5 yrs. There are good places to live Im sure that are fairly close to the campus and not for 1500. I think where he lives he pays 860 for a 2 bedroom and its a nice little place and for the most part quiet. He lives on the south side of the airport on Paradise at about Warm Springs Road, good commute to School as you go through the airport and end up at the school... and its convenient to the expressway and to South LV Blvd. I have never during my visits had a problem and not felt safe when visiting... even when out late at nite. He had his car broken into once or twice in the complex but that was partly his fault being careless, and that bad element in the complex was removed, he hasn't had a problem since, and has never had his apartment broken into.
Living out in Summerlin would be a long commute to school... I would look at Henderson...

Every city has its crime and traffic problems, Las Vegas does have some pretty hefty ones.... an is a culture unto itself and the area around UNLV is a bit seedy in places, but the whole city isn't a crime scene... some of the entries in this thread seem to me to be a bit harsh and adding the frenzy in cjski21's already unsettled mind. Las Vegas and UNLV is a great place... and there are nice safe neighborhoods... regardless of what city you live in you ALWAYS have to watch what you are doing... the worst problem you might have at school is finding parking even with a parking sticker that my son tells me is a real pain...

Old 08-08-2007, 03:58 PM

76 posts, read 362,756 times
Try the campus housing office... I think they might be able to help you out... Thats how my son found his apartment.... it might have changed as it has been about 3 yrs since he moved to his place..

Old 08-08-2007, 06:38 PM

What am I looking at for utilities in a 1200-1300 square foot house? I know my utilities here are out of sight, and the power company keeps raising it. Are the utilities reasonable in Las Vegas?

Old 08-09-2007, 12:33 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,687,180 times
REALTOR.com - Real Estate Listings & Homes For Sale is a good place to find rental homes...

Old 08-09-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
REALTOR.com - Real Estate Listings & Homes For Sale is a good place to find rental homes...
Wow! Thanks, this is much better than what I have been using.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas