Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 12:50 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times

Advertisements

I wonder......he he he is A Dong owned by the Ful HO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 01:53 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I wonder......he he he is A Dong owned by the Ful HO?
I don't know but in Des Moines if someone says "Man, I am really craving A Dong!" you think nothing of it.In fact, you may say "OH me too! They have the best eggrolls!" (they do!)

Old 04-14-2012, 11:54 PM

973 posts, read 1,388,852 times
Default Cattleman's, El Soft Taco and Joe's Tavern

Cattleman's Steakhouse had some outstanding chicken wings/sauce and Joe's Tavern near Nellis AFB had a window in the back that offered tasty chinese food PDQ. The gal who ran it parlayed her following into the Chinese Village down the road on Craig. Suki's El Soft Taco @ Cheyenne and Vegas Blvd was damn good too. Can't remember if they served tacos there...

Old 04-15-2012, 01:25 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I think Battista's is still there but I'm the only old timer in Las Vegas who has never eaten there. Battista's Hole in the Wall - Italian Restaurant - Las Vegas - Home
I have never eaten there either, but when Battista was still around, he used to play golf and I was often his waitress for early breakfast. He liked oatmeal with fruit. He was always kind to me and a good tipper. He gave me a CD of him singing, but it's been lost to the years.

That was a long time ago, early nineties, when I was college-aged.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:15 AM

973 posts, read 1,388,852 times
Default Top of the Mint

My wife and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary here in '77. You'd take the glass elevator up 20 some odd floors to the steakhouse. Great view of the strip. Had what I would call a "Vegas feel" to it.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:52 AM

542 posts, read 986,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I have never eaten there either, but when Battista was still around, he used to play golf and I was often his waitress for early breakfast. He liked oatmeal with fruit. He was always kind to me and a good tipper. He gave me a CD of him singing, but it's been lost to the years.

That was a long time ago, early nineties, when I was college-aged.
Wait..What?

The early 90's is a long time ago now? I am old....

Old 04-16-2012, 01:08 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockets63 View Post
Sounds like you are referring to 'Papa Bombaro's', not sure about the spelling. No menu, you ate what they had made that day, homemade wine and singing. It was quite an experience and still open into the 70s, I think. Legend had it that Sinatra ate there more than once.

Does anyone remember the 'El Burrito Cafe', on E. Fremont, the entrance was two steps down from street level. It was by far the best Mexican food in LV until the original cook (Trini) left; she then opened 'Guadalajara Restaurant' with her husband (Daniel) at Main and Owens. These two still stand as the finest Mexican restaurants ever in LV. El Cholo on LV blvd. was probably a distant third.
You're right. The Italian restaurant on Sunrise Mtn. was Papa something. At least I think so. I heard that Sinatra and other entertainers liked to go there too. And the El Burrito is still alive and well and doing business on the corner of Rampart and Del Webb Blvd in Sun City. Couldn't beat the atmosphere of the old place though. I was kind of in a cellar. What was the one downtown owned by a woman named Hortencia? Was that El Cholo?

Old 04-16-2012, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Is that related to the Hush Puppy's on Charleston just West of Rainbow?

I've gone there a couple of times, pretty good. Huge parking lot for it's size.
Same chain. Is that one still open. I don't go by often but when I do it always looks closed. If you like a lot of breaded and fried southern food and catfish then it's good.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegaschips View Post
My wife and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary here in '77. You'd take the glass elevator up 20 some odd floors to the steakhouse. Great view of the strip. Had what I would call a "Vegas feel" to it.
I always liked the Top of The Mint too.

Is Memphis BBQ still open in some locations? I see the one on Rainbow closed.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m73m95 View Post
Wait..What?

The early 90's is a long time ago now? I am old....
OMG, me too. Early 90s was 20 years ago already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas