U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-15-2011, 12:27 PM

74 posts, read 76,754 times

Advertisements

I should mention the pool is fiberglass. Difficult to get algae, but I did have a little bout a week ago. I shocked and it hasn't come back yet, but it seems a little cloudy now. Not real bad, just a little. I also increased the pump run time. I think that might have been why I got the algae to begin with because the chlorine levels seemed to be fine at the time.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 01:01 PM

8,453 posts, read 14,379,368 times
Older homes have bigger pools with diving wells. Mine is over 30K gallons.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:05 PM

9,575 posts, read 15,053,506 times
last year i had the cloudy issue...with algae...

this year, i changed the pump and what a difference.. my shark even climbs the walls to clean... the water is so clean its unreal...

Old 06-15-2011, 01:20 PM

1,108 posts, read 1,619,042 times
Did you test your CYA/stabilizer Level? It's impossible to know the correct chlorine level without it since it's ratio'd to your CYA/stabilizer level.

My first guess would be your CYA/stabilizer is through the roof and you've not got nearly enough chlorine in the water.

I'd agree that algae is starting to bloom if your water is getting cloudy. The hotter temps we've had lately promote algae growth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thlf View Post
I should mention the pool is fiberglass. Difficult to get algae, but I did have a little bout a week ago. I shocked and it hasn't come back yet, but it seems a little cloudy now. Not real bad, just a little. I also increased the pump run time. I think that might have been why I got the algae to begin with because the chlorine levels seemed to be fine at the time.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:57 PM

11,583 posts, read 20,520,621 times
The two homes we had here with pools were nine feet at the deep end.

My neighbor has a pool spa or spa pool. It's too big to called a spa, and too small to be called a pool.

All water features in the home are a pain in the a$$ and never worth the trouble unless maybe you are Michael Phelps. Even the fountain we put in the back yard hasn't worked since the first year in the house.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:47 PM

552 posts, read 733,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlf View Post
water ionizer..I haven't personally used this, but have heard good comments about it:

http://www.poolwizard.net/

POOL WIZARD - no swimming pool problems

Old 06-15-2011, 04:00 PM

478 posts, read 521,685 times
Quote:
water ionizer..I haven't personally used this, but have heard good comments about it:
I have one. Completely useless. Wouldn't waste the money if I had it to do over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas