U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 06:27 PM

1 posts, read 72,043 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I have a friend of mine who know lots of the details about the show. So many of the post I've seen mention the dislikes and skepticism of the show. I'd like to share some of what I know to be true.

The main guy on the show "Scott," is not an expert real estate flipper. He owned several cheap properties in 2006-2008 in the north-east side of Vegas. These homes were in slum areas. They were purchased for $30,000-$50000. He tried to do flips and lost money. He sold those properties in a bulk deal in 2009-2010 he took a loss!!

Whoever mentioned that they were suspicious of him owning the homes on the show, you were correct. He owns the home country club house. The twin on the show own most of the other homes. Scott was looking for any investors to allow him to pretend to be the owner for the show. The hot tub house was staged. The hot tub actually worked before the crew messed it up. It had no safe in the wall. That house is located on matthew st (89123) the realtor in the show had never seen the home before she didn't sell it to scott or the twins but she sure did get blamed for it!!! The episode "twins house" (located in nevada trails 89113) never had a wall that needed to be torn down. If you notice that wall they tore down is actually from "the hot tub houses" kitchen. It was 100% fake staged wall. They were filming Scott yelling at his construction crew from outside of the "hot tub house" which was filmed months later. Notice the short hair, long hair!

The blonde agent doesn't sell the home the same day! They aren't supposed to lie about pricing stuff so at the end they put on screen "first day offer" or "potential profit," which actually means they haven't sold the house.

The only homes Scott owns always are purchased in Goliath LLC's all other homes are faked ownership! It's amazing that that guy even got the show. His brokerage is very small and doesn't focus on residential homes! He's always trying to recruit agents since most of his cast quit on him since he made everyone look stupid. One would think that a broker would want the agents to look great and do an amazing job to generate leads but he went a totally other way.

A&E Should wise up and cancel a second season to avoid anyone finding out more lies put on this show!

If you will notice on each
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 06:47 PM

7,289 posts, read 5,528,084 times
What I love about these cockamamie shows is the final scene, where "Mr. Realtor" steps into the house, looks around for 15 SECONDS, and declares, "Based on the improvements, I estimate this house is now worth $12 billion."

Really?

A couple drops $30,000 on some kitchen and bathroom improvements and Scooter the Real Estate Agent thinks they'll get a tenfold return on their investment?

I haven't seen Flipping Vegas, but I'm sure it's just as formulaic as the drek on DIY Network. I'll PVR a show for laughs.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:13 PM

668 posts, read 909,784 times
I spent most of the time staring at Amie's (Is she connected to scott? I cant remember) nose. The whole safe, shooting & blowing it up was pure b.s. & i'm sure he could have sold that hot tub on craigs.

I liked too when the workers made fun of the carpet in the bathroom.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:01 PM

56 posts, read 126,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
I spent most of the time staring at Amie's (Is she connected to scott? I cant remember) nose. The whole safe, shooting & blowing it up was pure b.s. & i'm sure he could have sold that hot tub on craigs.

I liked too when the workers made fun of the carpet in the bathroom.
Ha ha ha I thought I was the only one who couldn't get past the nose. Surgery gone wrong?

I watch the beginning of the show to see what the house started out like and then fast forward to the end to see what changes were made. I predict this show will wind up like all the other Vegas shows....

Anyone remember the show featuring Green Valley Ranch? Remember the show featuring the Golden Nugget? They came and went after a season or two.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:47 PM

15,379 posts, read 22,921,184 times
it went when the two dipsticks that tried to own the Nugget sold it.....

Old 07-22-2011, 10:41 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,186,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
it went when the two dipsticks that tried to own the Nugget sold it.....
Dipstick is being too kind for them two.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:45 AM

15,379 posts, read 22,921,184 times
CD Censors what we say

Old 07-22-2011, 11:14 AM

668 posts, read 909,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBarb View Post
Ha ha ha I thought I was the only one who couldn't get past the nose. Surgery gone wrong?

I watch the beginning of the show to see what the house started out like and then fast forward to the end to see what changes were made. I predict this show will wind up like all the other Vegas shows....

Anyone remember the show featuring Green Valley Ranch? Remember the show featuring the Golden Nugget? They came and went after a season or two.

Her nose is just sooo tiny compared to the rest of her face. She seems like a nice woman, anyway.

I really, really liked that piece of granite she wanted but couldn't afford. What was the name of that shop she bought from anyone remember?

Old 07-22-2011, 11:47 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,087,360 times
I am sure if you watch the new episode tomorrow they will name the shop at least 5 times. They must get great prices in exchase for advertizing on the show.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:49 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,136,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
What was the name of that shop she bought from anyone remember?
Walker Zenger?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas