U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Unread 07-23-2011, 05:50 PM
 
8,715 posts, read 4,438,979 times
Reputation: 2244
Strange happening. Now that I told the rental agent that my bil needs his own junior suite, the reply email is exactly the same as the email I received for my first inquiry but for a higher floor, strip view at the same exact price with the same description. No response since then but I am smelling a scam. The owner prefers to be paid in cash minus the $100 deposit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 07-24-2011, 08:49 AM
 
Location: Nebuchadnezzar
969 posts, read 1,047,161 times
Reputation: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Strange happening. Now that I told the rental agent that my bil needs his own junior suite, the reply email is exactly the same as the email I received for my first inquiry but for a higher floor, strip view at the same exact price with the same description. No response since then but I am smelling a scam. The owner prefers to be paid in cash minus the $100 deposit.
Let me know if things don't work out, although still don't know availability yet. Also, in many situations (depending on management company), the Signature also independently charges $30/d room cleaning charge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-24-2011, 08:57 AM
 
8,715 posts, read 4,438,979 times
Reputation: 2244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigchow View Post
Let me know if things don't work out, although still don't know availability yet. Also, in many situations (depending on management company), the Signature also independently charges $30/d room cleaning charge.
It seems that the owner uses the same description for both units but I would have liked to see pictures of each unit. My husband says the cash option is no problem for him as we don't pay until we are in the unit. The units are priced fairly for the holiday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-27-2011, 08:38 PM
 
8,715 posts, read 4,438,979 times
Reputation: 2244
We were able to get a suite on the 34th floor with a strip view and extended balcony. Deposit paid, airfare purchased. Thanks again to all for your help. BIL is on his own to find accomodations. If he's nice, we'll invite him up for a drink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-28-2011, 02:11 PM
 
Location: Nebuchadnezzar
969 posts, read 1,047,161 times
Reputation: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
We were able to get a suite on the 34th floor with a strip view and extended balcony. Deposit paid, airfare purchased. Thanks again to all for your help. BIL is on his own to find accomodations. If he's nice, we'll invite him up for a drink.

Congratulation! I think it will be wonderful in the Signature during New Years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-25-2011, 05:40 PM
 
20 posts, read 26,891 times
Reputation: 18
I'm having trouble visualizing where the 3 towers are and couldn't find anything on google, does anyone have a link to an overhead map that shows the location of each of the towers and what direction they are facing?

How long does it take to walk to the strip from MGM Signature?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-25-2011, 06:40 PM
 
467 posts, read 333,545 times
Reputation: 392
We stayed there once, and I would say it takes about 10-12 minutes from the closest tower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-29-2011, 09:42 AM
 
Location: Nebuchadnezzar
969 posts, read 1,047,161 times
Reputation: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitive24 View Post
I'm having trouble visualizing where the 3 towers are and couldn't find anything on google, does anyone have a link to an overhead map that shows the location of each of the towers and what direction they are facing?

How long does it take to walk to the strip from MGM Signature?
From tower 3 (the furthest), about ten minutes if you go through MGM complex otherwise, about 5 minutes if you go out the back door and walk outside along Harmon Ave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-29-2011, 03:50 PM
 
418 posts, read 337,533 times
Reputation: 285
You will be very close the Planet Hollywood and the Miracle Mile Shoppes and thus the strip. Walk out the front door of tower three turn left at the drive then turn left on Harmon. Also, you can walk to Ellis Island( in day light only) for the best home cooking around. In my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 08-02-2012, 10:13 AM
 
56 posts, read 151,647 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigchow View Post
I would think that could be arranged through Signature http://www.signaturemgmgrand.com/ itself. LSI Luxury Suites International at The Signature, Las Vegas, USA is another popular management company for Signature owners. I know that a few owners rent out through Craiglist.
Imho, the view at Tower 3 is better than Tower 2 which is slightly better than 1. Strip view are available in units ending with odd numbers ie 1,3,... The best one bedroom suite view would be units ending in "1" however best views are probably junior suites that end in 5 or 7.
Have a great trip.
Hi there - you seem to know The Signature pretty well!!

Myself & two friends are spending Superbowl weekend in 2013 at The Signature (booked via lasminute.com). Obviously at this moment I have no idea which tower we are staying in, but we have a deluxe suite (the smallest available). A couple of questions I'm hoping you can answer for me:
a) Do any of the deluxe suites have balconies (and if so, which ones)? and
b) Do any of the deluxe suites have great Strip views and, if so, which ones?

Thanks for your help - this will be my 14th holiday in Las Vegas (I live in the UK) but I've not yet stayed in The Signature, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:05 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top