U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 07-18-2011, 06:21 PM

37 posts, read 45,938 times
Default 3 nicest guard gated communities in--

Green valley ranch... Would love some opinions... Thank you in advance!!! Heading to las vegas in 10 days to hopefully buy a home....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 07-18-2011, 06:53 PM

15,759 posts, read 19,044,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplnowsoonLV View Post
Green valley ranch... Would love some opinions... Thank you in advance!!! Heading to las vegas in 10 days to hopefully buy a home....
There is one big one. Green Valley Ranch. Then Roma Hills. Maybe a couple of small ones that don't show up very often. Go out a little further and you can pick up Augusta and the Masters.and McDonalds Ranch and Highlands.

Unread 07-18-2011, 08:01 PM

2,502 posts, read 5,358,111 times
And if you're willing to look 5-10 minutes away, you could also try the neighborhood on the Rio Secco golf club in the Seven Hills area (can't remember what the subdivision is called, but there are lots of very nice homes).

Unread 07-19-2011, 11:01 AM

37 posts, read 45,938 times
A lot of people are recommending Roma hills.... Is that the place to be??? Would it be a great development for my wife and 7 month old daughter.... I want to thank everyone and anyone who takes the time to help me and give me suggestions!!! I'm looking in the 500k price area... But if it's an exceptional house I will go higher.

Unread 07-19-2011, 11:17 AM

15,759 posts, read 19,044,337 times
Quote:
A lot of people are recommending Roma hills.... Is that the place to be??? Would it be a great development for my wife and 7 month old daughter.... I want to thank everyone and anyone who takes the time to help me and give me suggestions!!! I'm looking in the 500k price area... But if it's an exceptional house I will go higher.
If you want to stay in Green Valley Ranch you will likely have the choice of only a half a dozen homes. One or two will be in Roma Hills and the rest in Green Valley Ranch. Both are in the sweet spot for GVR and will serve very well. Exceptional schools and just a great neighborhood.

For any larger selection you can expand to the golf course area to the north or the places up the hill to the south...none though will have the access to the GVR core that Roma Hills and Green Valley Ranch have.

Unread 07-19-2011, 01:58 PM

142 posts, read 210,669 times
500K? Why would you do that. Wouldn't it be smarter, to get a nice house in the $200,000 range(there are plenty in Vegas), and then allocate the rest of the money into various accounts(CDS, Roth IRAS, Mutal Funds)? The whole point of life is to live below your means.

Unread 07-19-2011, 02:38 PM

412 posts, read 386,991 times
Maybe $500K is the cheapest house they can stand to live in and they have more money that they will ever need saved for retirement.

Unread 07-19-2011, 03:23 PM

3,731 posts, read 5,212,086 times
Quote:
Roma Hills is exceptional. Lots of doctors live in that area.

Unread 07-19-2011, 03:59 PM

^ I wish you nothing but the best in life in your search, but I would have a real hard time justifying paying 500K for a house in Vegas/Henderson. I don't think homes hold their value particularly well there, and Clark County School District is one of the worst in the nation overall. However, there are many pros about Las Vegas, such as the Property Taxes(practically nothing), cost of living(i.e. housing, food) is very inexpensive.Cons- Devoid of artistic culture, horrible weather from June through September, not the greatest place to raise children.
Downtown San Diego has it all...beaches, opera, Broadway shows, Jazz clubs, excellent restaurants, baseball, football, indie/foreign films, Horton Plaza, San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park. You name it, that city has it. Not to mention, you get all of those amenities in near perfect 70-80 degree weather year round. Is also fun and safe to walk around at night. Downtown Las Vegas...near the lettered streets...I never believed in evolution, until I visited this part of town.

Unread 07-19-2011, 04:55 PM

^ I apologize if my comments have come off as egotistical. I have found many of the locals in the Las Vegas and Henderson areas to be(for the most part) warm and friendly people. I will also say there are many hard working families there, who do they're best financially. I also would like to apologize for "trolling". While I do wholeheartedly dislike Las Vegas with a burning passion, I need to respect that there are many people who feel differently than myself, and I should learn to not force my opinion as paramount on others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas