Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 03:28 PM

56 posts, read 207,467 times

Advertisements

Our 18 year old niece is coming for a visit in 2 weeks. We want to keep pretty busy to entertain her. Any suggestions?

Remember its hot out there and hiking in this heat does not sound like a good time.

She's only 18 so we need under 21 ideas.

We are not opposed to spending money, but don't want to break the bank either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 03:55 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
Just drop her off at Circus Circus for a couple of hours everyday for 2 weeks. She should be ok.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:35 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
I doubt she will be impressed by the arcade at Circus Circus. Take her to Sephora and M&M world. She will be happy. She will most likely appreciate any mall.

Old 07-23-2011, 05:36 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,994,497 times
Ethel M's, Cold Springs to see the wild horses and get out of the heat, any of the Strip animal exhibits -- Secret Garden, Shark Reef, etc.; Fremont light show, and a couple buffets.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:18 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times
Lawd please don't let this thread get ugly..

Old 07-23-2011, 06:46 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,861,803 times
She's 18, so she's old enough for the pole. Make it a working vacation for her, and give her a real Las Vegas experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Too late.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:59 PM

579 posts, read 1,210,302 times
Quote:
Oh it will......lets start a friendly wager on how many more posts it will take

VegasBarb, that's an awkward age to have to entertain, particularly by herself, no friends. Too young to go to clubs or take to Blue Martini for drinks, too old to find the Springs Preserve even remotely interesting.....my teens do these things with us, including Shark Reef, Spring Mt Ranch, Secret Garden, etc.....but the oldest does it a little grudgingly, and only cuz we are going as a family. I'm trying to think of what mine would be interesting in doing if there without us, and visiting a famiy member.....

Would she be interested in the Lion King or any show on the strip like Cirque de Solei? The Titanic Exhibit (think its at the Trop), one of mine is a history buff. If she ever watched America's Best Dance Crew on MTV she might like The Jabbawockeez.......Lake Mead cruise (may be too hot though).......

I don't think there is one kid friendly thing to do in Vegas that I haven't taken my kids to do.....

Over the years we've done Barnum and Bailey, The Harlem Globetrotters, the American Idol Tour, Disney on Ice, Monster Jams.......so many I can't list. If there's one thing Vegas isn't lacking, it's entertainment.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:01 PM

579 posts, read 1,210,302 times
Quote:
She's 18, so she's old enough for the pole. Make it a working vacation for her, and give her a real Las Vegas experience.
Ya, I was late. Okay, time for JFK to chime in....

Old 07-23-2011, 08:45 PM

699 posts, read 2,219,413 times
shows: Chriss Angel, Penn & Teller, Blue Man, Jabbawokkees
any cirque except zumanity (could be awkward)
hoover dam or helicopter ride to the GC
fremont street at night for a walk around.
do all the free stuff, bellagio fountains, TI, etc

definitely a trip up the Strat, maybe a ride?

Old 07-24-2011, 12:05 AM

56 posts, read 207,467 times
My sister has been watching some show about Vegas arrests? She has already made me promise I wont turn her daughter into a "working girl".

I have never seen the wild horses, that would be awesome!

Jax has never been out of the state of Florida, so I am sure she will be overwhelmed by Vegas. Thanks for all the great ideas. Living here, I avoid the strip as much as possible. I forget that there is actually things to do there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas