U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-29-2011, 10:55 AM
 
Location: Kingman AZ
15,387 posts, read 21,470,413 times
Reputation: 8509
swim·ming pool
Noun: An artificial pool for pouring money into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-29-2011, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Home!
8,670 posts, read 6,565,459 times
Reputation: 8359
I LOVE my pool so much that if I were staying in MI, I would spend the money to get one there and we can't use it year round. I am in that pool every day and I am not so sure I would be hanging outside otherwise, when it is very hot! I would rather spend the money on my pool then spend it on furniture! LOL! BUT, I still think my bill given all the comps here is higher than others. Gonna have to do some investigating!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2011, 11:38 AM
 
Location: Orlando, Florida
5,440 posts, read 6,395,073 times
Reputation: 3203
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Mine was $220. Around 1350. sq ft. But, I do have a pool and I am home all day so I have the ceiling fan running too. Keep the air at 81 all the time. Still, blah. Hate the bill, like the air! Doesn't help that I am paying one in MI too. That one is $130. a month. 1600. sq. ft. No pool. Air there is set at 75., if it is on. Both one story homes.
Something may be wrong in your LV home thats causing it to be that high kimba, I doubt you have an older home, simply because of your location

I have an 1120 sq foot apt 2 bed 2 bath, and my gf likes to keep the AC around 70, and we constantly are washing clothes, using the stove to cook, and using the dishwasher, and my apt complex was built in 1996-1997

I would investigate that bill Kimba, yours should be much less than that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2011, 12:09 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
3,731 posts, read 5,467,802 times
Reputation: 1229
Just got mine in for the house we're in now...

2400 sq ft, no pool, (dryer, stove-convection oven, hot water all on gas) keeping the air on 80 day and night , two story, ceiling fans on and with lots of kid/teen/young adult traffic in and out, leaving lights on, music equipment on, computers on, tv's on....

$228.52

Now my other old home where the nephew is now...God knows...between the pool pump and him keeping that thermostat at 72, oye vay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2011, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Kingman AZ
15,387 posts, read 21,470,413 times
Reputation: 8509
musing to himself.....does a neon duck have an Electric Bill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2011, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Home!
8,670 posts, read 6,565,459 times
Reputation: 8359
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
musing to himself.....does a neon duck have an Electric Bill?
You are musing to everyone.....and it was pretty amusing! Most probable if he lives in LV!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2011, 01:36 PM
 
10,485 posts, read 13,584,684 times
Reputation: 6328
Ugh, I just got my electric bill. It is $72, and this is for a 322 square foot studio apartment. I keep the A/C at 73, but it is still too much. My bill all winter was $30-$35.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2011, 02:21 PM
 
Location: Anthem Highlands--Henderson,NV
108 posts, read 137,319 times
Reputation: 70
Our bill was only $235 and I was shocked. Our home is 3102 square foot single story with two a/c units. We have a pool and DH installed a variable speed pump last fall. I am a stay at home mom and keep the thermostat on 78 in the main living areas during the day and bump it up to 82 at night. I put the air down to 77 at night in the bedrooms and it goes up to 82 during the day. I run my ceiling fan in the main living room all day long to make it feel cooler. We have a Pulte home and it seems to be insulated very well. If you go into our attic right now, it is hot, but not unbearable like in was in our home in Phoenix in the middle of the summer. I really do think some of the savings is coming from the pool pump. Can't really compare our bill last July since we moved into this home mid July and our bill was only $50. Next month should tell us more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2011, 03:53 PM
 
Location: In my house
8,762 posts, read 14,271,383 times
Reputation: 5313
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Ugh, I just got my electric bill. It is $72, and this is for a 322 square foot studio apartment. I keep the A/C at 73, but it is still too much. My bill all winter was $30-$35.
So turn it up and save more money. Get a floor fan to circulate the air. Problem solved. And no more tears in your beer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2011, 04:13 PM
 
Location: Here and there, you decide.
9,309 posts, read 13,857,842 times
Reputation: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by scociny View Post
Our bill was only $235 and I was shocked. Our home is 3102 square foot single story with two a/c units. We have a pool and DH installed a variable speed pump last fall. I am a stay at home mom and keep the thermostat on 78 in the main living areas during the day and bump it up to 82 at night. I put the air down to 77 at night in the bedrooms and it goes up to 82 during the day. I run my ceiling fan in the main living room all day long to make it feel cooler. We have a Pulte home and it seems to be insulated very well. If you go into our attic right now, it is hot, but not unbearable like in was in our home in Phoenix in the middle of the summer. I really do think some of the savings is coming from the pool pump. Can't really compare our bill last July since we moved into this home mid July and our bill was only $50. Next month should tell us more.
yes, you are correct... that variable speed pump is saving you alot of money.... how long are you running it? and is it pentair.... my bill dropped ALOT once i installed the pump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top