Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 08:04 AM

9,376 posts, read 11,944,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Second on Teach1234. You can also use Dr. Auto in the NW if you are out this way.
First did not work out so well for me...I'm not sure why, was between husband and him. Still not satisfied, will try Dr. Auto if you think they are a good choice. Teach's shop is a bit far for us anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 09:26 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,860,012 times
According to this thread:

SL2 Water Pump Replacement w/PICS - SaturnFans Forums

Saturn owners think about two hours of labor to replace the water pump is right, so I'd say you were taken to the cleaners. You can't use any other car as a reference because the amount of work required to get to and remove the water pump is different for every car. There can be a factor of 10 difference in the amount of labor to change the water pump depending on the vehicle.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:55 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,200,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
First did not work out so well for me...I'm not sure why, was between husband and him. Still not satisfied, will try Dr. Auto if you think they are a good choice. Teach's shop is a bit far for us anyway.
I have used Dr. Auto repeatedly with good results. They are just west of Craig and Rancho so reasonably close to you.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:21 PM

670 posts, read 1,104,372 times
You mentioned in your post

"I went in with heat & defroster now i no longer have it"

be cautious - this is a sign that your coolant level is still low. Of course it's impossible to diagnose over the web but it would be a good idea to check or have the level of your coolant checked before any extended driving. When the shop refilled the cooling system they may not have given it adequate time to fully circulate and your coolant level may still be low.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:28 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,989,097 times
sorry, but odds are you have a blown headgasket or a cracked head.... Saturns are NOTORIOUS for it.....

Old 07-27-2011, 04:01 AM

78 posts, read 118,692 times
Thanks everyone for the information, and for future repairs I will go to Mr. Teach

"I went in with heat & defroster now i no longer have it"

The guy who was working on my car tried to put a silver chip or something around, I believe the hose that provided the heat, defroster, something happen( i think it rip or something)-not sure-yes I asked and he said nothing(but coolant fluid was leaking all over the ground). So I guess they pug or cut the hose off, because when I looked the first time I saw some hoses in one area. But when i looked again i didn't see anything. Whatever his assistant did, he was fussing at him and from what I was seeing the body language didn't look right. So I continue to ask him what was going on, and then I straight up said I don't like dishonest people. The hold time he's gives me some line that my car hose was old and due to vegas heat that rubber and plastic parts in cars melt. He continue to state that saturn, gmc, and other american cars were crappy. But being that I no nothing about cars - I really couldn't say much.
After I got home i did research( basically read the reviews about my car issues),and call my family and they said to just let him put the water pump on and call it a day.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:08 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
was this at Purrfect Auto Repair????sounds like on of their scams.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:01 PM

78 posts, read 118,692 times
no
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas