Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 10:02 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANILEE1020 View Post
what is gray?
No population or no crimes. We stick to the valley proper and ignore the outliers...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 11:51 PM

719 posts, read 1,479,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiker1o View Post
Hehehe Las Vegas Metropolitan Area is small geographically speaking, a criminal can go from one section to the next in such a very short time. Las Vegas is ghetto, the worst offenders are the resort owners and our local politicians!!!! By the way some of the largest drug busts in Las Vegas occured in those cookie cutter neighborhoods away from the obvious areas.
As a former journalist, specifically a crime reporter for 20 years, I know that drug busts happen everywhere. However, drug busts in the suburbs typically mean something different than drug busts in the ghetto. In the suburbs, they are usually more white collar and less apt to have a shoot out on the front lawn. I don't really care what someone does in their house, as long as it does not put me in the way of flying bullets, violent criminals etc etc.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:32 AM

848 posts, read 1,723,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSarah View Post
As a former journalist, specifically a crime reporter for 20 years, I know that drug busts happen everywhere. However, drug busts in the suburbs typically mean something different than drug busts in the ghetto. In the suburbs, they are usually more white collar and less apt to have a shoot out on the front lawn. I don't really care what someone does in their house, as long as it does not put me in the way of flying bullets, violent criminals etc etc.

The fact of the matter, crime happens and will occur in the best of neighborhoods. Even worse, having a meth lab gone wrong in the suburbs. We are talking about criminals whether you want to classify them as white collar, they are ghetto for the simple fact these people are engaged in criminal activity.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:18 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,959,482 times
If the police know where the crime is happening why don't they stop it?

Old 08-08-2011, 06:41 AM

1,828 posts, read 5,311,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
If the police know where the crime is happening why don't they stop it?
You mean like in Minority Report, except for real?

I like sci-fi, but the police can't predict when the next store/house will be held up or spouse abused or person physically assaulted.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:11 AM

238 posts, read 547,721 times
Mine is dark green (89084). Not sure what that means, but I don't know of any violent crime in my area.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:11 AM

322 posts, read 565,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danknee View Post
You mean like in Minority Report, except for real?

I like sci-fi, but the police can't predict when the next store/house will be held up or spouse abused or person physically assaulted.
I have a friend that caught a thief red handed stealing outside his place. He confronted the thief, who became aggressive. My friend then pepper sprayed him after a warning did no good and called LV Metro. When they finally got there about 30 min later, they were annoyed that they were bothered with a petty attempted theft report, didn't do anything to the thief, and even admonished my friend for pepper spraying the crook.

We have a retail mail order business. We were successfully hit by a stolen CC order, and a few months later I was able to link another attempt to the first. Thus I had 2 card numbers/victims I could link to the same criminals, computer IP addresses, merchandise delivery addresses, a pending order I could've shipped an empty box to so the pick up person could be nabbed, etc. The police basically blew me off and obviously had no interest in working the case.

Now I turn on the news and see where 2 little girls that set up a lemonade stand were shut down by police for no business license. Good to see the Po-Po have their priorities in order.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:22 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
Homeless man gets 15 years for stealing $100, CEO gets 3 years for stealing $3 billion.

Homeless man gets 15 years for stealing $100, CEO gets 3 years for 3 billion mortgage fraud

Old 08-08-2011, 09:38 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
My.zip 89130 is yellow, I live right on the border with 89131 & 89149 which are both green, 89130 extends south to cheyenne and rancho which is pretty rough and borders with 89108 which is much worse. I guess yellow is the right color, I'm on the edge of my zip though and I feel its more green

Old 08-08-2011, 09:46 AM

719 posts, read 1,479,743 times
For those who have had trouble getting police to respond to situations where the guy is standing right there being aggressive... it is amazing what "OMG I think he has a GUN!" will do. Yes, it is wrong and in TN illegal to lie to the police. On the other hand, if the guy "put his hand in his pocket and it looked like he had something in there," you aren't responsible for figuring out if it was or was not a weapon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas