U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 06:45 AM

15,379 posts, read 22,921,184 times

Advertisements

hmmm school property....no accident report.....Girls say "What? That NEVER happend."

Prove it.

Don't start threatening and let your mouth write chesks your azz can't cash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 01:35 PM

675 posts, read 559,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eben2rah View Post
Alright guys, so last February I got into a hit and run in my school's parking lot. The thing is, I was friends with the girl who hit my truck so I didn't really think I had to go to the police. My pops talked to her mom and everything seemed fine, they were planning on paying for the damage.

Well, it's already August and she's been ignoring me every way possible.
She caused over 400 dollars in damage.
I was just wondering what I should do, is it too late to file it in with the police? I feel pretty dumb..

Feedback please, thank you.

oh and I was able to obtain her license plate number and her address, if that would help at all...
You mentioned that your father talked to her mom. What does your dad have to say about it now?

You say that it is a "hit and run". How do you know that she hit your truck? You have eyewitnesses?

Find out what insurance company she has and file a claim with them. Your insurance company can probably tell you if you can't find the information any other way.

Small claims court is not worth the hassle. Even if you got a judgment trying to get her to pay would be another headache.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:13 PM

15,757 posts, read 20,720,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayview6 View Post
You mentioned that your father talked to her mom. What does your dad have to say about it now?

You say that it is a "hit and run". How do you know that she hit your truck? You have eyewitnesses?

Find out what insurance company she has and file a claim with them. Your insurance company can probably tell you if you can't find the information any other way.

Small claims court is not worth the hassle. Even if you got a judgment trying to get her to pay would be another headache.
And anyone (particularly under 25) who informs the insurance co of any accident worth $400 should have their head examined.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:31 PM

3,173 posts, read 2,534,682 times
Considering the parents brokered a deal let them handle it. If that doesn't work tell the girl your going to file hit and run which will go against her license and possible legal charges..If that doesn't work do your best to date her and when her gifts to you equal $400.00 or whatever drop her..

Old 08-09-2011, 02:35 PM

675 posts, read 559,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
And anyone (particularly under 25) who informs the insurance co of any accident worth $400 should have their head examined.
I am under the impression that his vehicle was parked, that he wasn't driving at the time. If he was driving that opens up an entirely different can of worms. But yeah, I wouldn't tell my insurance company in this case but I would claim against hers if my vehicle was parked and I wasn't behind the wheel.

The reality is that if he informs her to pay up or else he is going to her insurance company she should have HER head examine is she doesn't pay.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:37 PM
jpk

531 posts, read 1,192,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Shouldn't be a problem for you to contact your insurance and ask them to find out the insurance carrier for the person that hit you. Don't file a claim with your own insurance, that would be dumb. But they should not penalize you for asking to find out the insurance carrier for someone that hit you.

I had to go this route when I was hit and run by a drunk on Las Vegas Blvd. I called my insurance and they looked up the insurance policy for the person that hit me because I had their name and license plate. Sounds like the person in this situation has that same basic info.

Once you have their carrier, just call the company and file a claim against the person. The insurance company will then contact their insured and investigate your claim. It may take some time making a lot of phone calls and bugging a lot of people that want to say no, but none of it should cost you anything.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:54 PM

2,502 posts, read 5,852,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe2ofus View Post
i'm going against the pack and say that if this was my problem:

i would make every attempt to email her outlining all the evidence against her, and ask her nicely if she would please pay or make a payment plan to be responsible for her unfortunate accident.

if she refuses to respond, i'd send it at least 3 times.

after she blows you off for the 3rd time. i would hunt down her parents and show them the emails, the texts, and tell them that if they cannot persuade their daughter to woman up and take accountability, then you will take further legal action.

and if she's on their insurance, they will be interested in making this go away. hell, maybe they turn you onto their insurance to handle it. you just never know.

i'm betting that they cave and pay.

if they don't, i would file small claims and take her to court.

bottom line, noone has the right to damage my property and not be accountable and pay for the damage. you deserve to be paid.
Sure...if you have an enormous amount of time and energy to waste. All of that for a mere $400? Doesn't seem worth it.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:36 PM

3,173 posts, read 2,534,682 times
I still say date her. For some reason women like to buy men presents..Just mention you want something then once she gives it to you give it to your other girlfriend..

Old 08-09-2011, 07:34 PM

12,252 posts, read 16,885,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayview6 View Post
I am under the impression that his vehicle was parked, that he wasn't driving at the time.
The accident wasn't a Garp-type accident...was it?

Old 08-09-2011, 08:56 PM

517 posts, read 955,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radraja View Post
Sure...if you have an enormous amount of time and energy to waste. All of that for a mere $400? Doesn't seem worth it.
hey man, if you have $400 to blow or flush down the toilet, because you're independently wealthy, then, by all means, do.

but for the rest of us, who don't have $400 to blow to fix my car because i won't take the time to work it: with the parents, with the girl, with the insurance company... i'd be stupid NOT to persue it.

especially because the OP has evidence against her.

so many in this thread stand there and say "eat it. it's not worth the time."

more power to all of you if you can p i s s that money away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas