U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 09:37 AM

7,347 posts, read 5,772,124 times

Advertisements

Not the cheapest all-you-can-eat. The best. I don't like places that give you rice balls the size of a golf ball with a little smidge of ahi on top.

The only one I've been to is Makino, and that was just "all right."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 10:14 AM

15,379 posts, read 23,229,696 times
Lake Meade Bait n Tackle.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:05 AM

5,262 posts, read 6,143,683 times
When I'm in an AYCE sushi mood, I head down to Oyshi on Rainbow @ Robindale. The fish is fresh, the presentation is very nice, but the service can be hit or miss. The food is good enough that I don't mind the service issues.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:43 PM

145 posts, read 336,799 times
Oyshi is pretty awesome, so is SushiWa on Eastern Ave/Coronado Center in Henderson. Used to be just a la carte, but now is also AYCE. For me, it meant their best fish that you used to pay separate for was now part of the package.

Includes oysters, appetizers (as does Oyshi too), but it's just a great place to eat and hang out.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:59 PM

2,038 posts, read 2,473,309 times
My favorite a-la-carte local sushi place recently went to AYCE. Sumo (2 locations) has consistent, reliable nigiri and other delicacies. Tuna Karai is my favorite thing to order there. It's basically a mound of tuna sashimi seasoned with furitake and chili sauce...superb. They have delicious uni, sweet shrimp and their yellowtail is quite good. On Fridays, they feature specials like Kampachi, Live Uni, live Aji.

The menu also has some great appetizers. Their rolls, if that's what you're into, are good.

The Chefs are friendly and like to joke around and drink sake and beer. The service is always solid.

Miles above Oyshi and Sushi Mon...which are respectable.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:01 PM

848 posts, read 993,760 times
I love RA Sushi Bar and Restaurant at the Fashion Show Mall. Pretty much the only Sushi Bar my friend and I go to on a regular basis. The restaurant does not offer "all you can eat" but the quality and their happy hour specials are excellent. Kabuki @ Town Square is also a good Japanese restaurant.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:16 PM
jpk

531 posts, read 1,204,595 times
There is a very good all you can eat sushi bar in Henderson called Xtreme Sushi & Steakhouse. It's in a strip mall on Eastern across the street from Moon Valley Nursury, if you know where that is. I totally wouldn't have thought of going to the place, but my wife wanted sushi and it was right there. Turns out it's actually quite good and not one of those gross conveyer belt sushi joints serving stale stuff. They have an all you can eat happy hour from like 4pm to 6pm every day. XtremeSushi.net is the website.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:50 PM

278 posts, read 511,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
When I'm in an AYCE sushi mood, I head down to Oyshi on Rainbow @ Robindale. The fish is fresh, the presentation is very nice, but the service can be hit or miss. The food is good enough that I don't mind the service issues.
agreed

Old 08-11-2011, 06:48 PM

146 posts, read 233,135 times
Sushi Wa - Anthem - Henderson, NV

Old 08-11-2011, 10:00 PM

7,347 posts, read 5,772,124 times
I'm going to give the Sumo Green Valley location a try.

My wife hasn't been allowed to eat sushi for months. (So that means I haven't been allowed, either.) We want to go some place that that has friendly service, but most importantly, "brings it" as far as quality fish and skillful preparation.

If anyone from Oyshi is reading -- I would have tried you first, but too many bad reviews on yelp raised too many red flags. A few bad reviews I can chalk up to soreheads and amateur diners. Page after page of "service sucks, and quality has slid downhill" raises an eyebrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas