Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 10:16 AM

818 posts, read 3,697,293 times

Advertisements

Skip class - come on! Get your priorities in order!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2007, 12:30 PM

229 posts, read 814,446 times
Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend: Viva Las Vegas - VLV Rockabilly Weekender

My friends and I have been going to this for the last 8 years or so. It's really an incredible experience. We usually get tickets a few months early because it has been selling out in recent years. Unfortunately it gets no local publicity (what a shock), but I guess it doesn't need it because their are a couple thousand people from all over the world that attend.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:33 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackackack View Post
Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend: Viva Las Vegas - VLV Rockabilly Weekender

My friends and I have been going to this for the last 8 years or so. It's really an incredible experience. We usually get tickets a few months early because it has been selling out in recent years. Unfortunately it gets no local publicity (what a shock), but I guess it doesn't need it because their are a couple thousand people from all over the world that attend.
Does the Viva Las Vegas traditional hot rod show (at the Stardust I believe) happen in the same weekend? Would you know?

Old 09-19-2007, 12:44 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Does the Viva Las Vegas traditional hot rod show (at the Stardust I believe) happen in the same weekend? Would you know?
What Stardust??????? Never heard of the place ......

Seriously.....they closed it n imploded it.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:20 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
What Stardust??????? Never heard of the place ......

Seriously.....they closed it n imploded it.
Really? Must have been within the last few years then, right? I have the 2nd issue of Old Skool Rodz (2004 I believe) in which they covered the show and in the BG was the Stardust sign. They hold the show on top of the parking garage. Maybe it was the Palms. Is that still around? lol

Old 09-19-2007, 05:00 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackackack View Post
I guess by the lack of comments I'm not missing some hidden gem here. It's definitely not completely like Southern California yet. Some things stay in California, like culture.
Now if we could only get the people to stay in California...

Old 10-02-2007, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,834 times
Wow. I'm glad that I'm not the only one out there looking for similar places. I just joined this group. My husband and I feel like we live in a swing dancer's no-man's land. We're thinking about our retirement and wondering about moving from NJ. What's the best place to go, in the USA, where the air is clear, the water clean and there's swing dancing available?!!

Old 10-03-2007, 04:58 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Obviously not LV...the air is definitely not clean, the water is running out...and no swing dancing to speak of!

Old 10-05-2007, 02:43 AM

229 posts, read 814,446 times
Thanks for the Aruba info. The last time I was there was a few years ago to see Heavy Trash play. I really liked the place. Glad to hear they are still hanging in there. For the others who mentioned the Rockabilly car show, the car show happens at the Gold Coast. It gets better, if that's possible, each year.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:19 PM

207 posts, read 907,186 times
Man, I love you people. Over a year and a half later after I posted this people are still bringing good info on this topic. I greatly appreciate it. This was my second thread ever created here, that brings me back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas