Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2008, 09:33 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,331,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal78 View Post
If you really think LV is a cess pool, then why continue to stay there??? If you don't like it then go back to where you orginally came from. You wanna know what a major cess pool is? Go to the city of Los Angeles, which has the highest gang population and high speed chases in the world. LV is a very successful and strong ecomical metropolitan. The Cess Pool thing is really getting old and burn't out. An armpit wouldn't be the entertainment capital of the world for no reason. Every city has crime and problems. Go to some of the slum cities back East if you think LV is so terrible. Go to Detroit, Chicago, Philly or Washington D.C., Now those are decrepit cess pool cities. If you hate it so much, then get out.....
The only difference is, ALL the cities you mentioned have some redeeming qualities; ie: education, culture, health care, etc. If eight Cirque du Soliel shows are your idea of the entertainment capital, then you've reached nirvana.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:12 AM

210 posts, read 821,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
The only difference is, ALL the cities you mentioned have some redeeming qualities; ie: education, culture, health care, etc. If eight Cirque du Soliel shows are your idea of the entertainment capital, then you've reached nirvana.
OK, Sheriff, now you've have me curious... what redeeming quality does the city of Detroit have? Not education. Not culture (motown is long gone).

Old 01-06-2008, 10:21 AM

2,990 posts, read 8,709,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Granola View Post
OK, Sheriff, now you've have me curious... what redeeming quality does the city of Detroit have? Not education. Not culture (motown is long gone).
I have a customer that moved from Detroit, and he tells me that he's is so greatfull to live in Las Vegas and get out of THEcesspool of Motown.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
I have a customer that moved from Detroit, and he tells me that he's is so greatfull to live in Las Vegas and get out of THEcesspool of Motown.
A co-worker of mine was complaining about the crime here, and I gave him some info about Detroit... he turned a little grey when I told him that in the bad areas it was common to see buildings surrounded by 12 foot fences with razor wire on top. It was the schools that got to him.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:16 AM

87 posts, read 699,895 times
Quote:

It is the entertainment capital. A Cirque du Soliel show appearing at one location doe's not define LV's entertainment mark. LV has many concerts with top leading artists from all categories of music. More activities family oriented and outdoor recreational then any other place has. Plus, tons and tons of events at the world famous Las Vegas Speedway. More restaurants and dining all in one confined area then anywhere else in the country. Also has the worlds biggest conventions at the the convention center for car shows, vehicles in general,gun shows,tools and most accessories. It's really discouraging to see when individuals live in such a spoiled area and think they're underprivileged and have life hard. I could never get bored in the Vegas area. I would make the best out of it that I possibly could. While I wasn't working, I would go to Red Rock, Valley of fire, Lake Mead or Mt.Charleston. Plenty of recreational things to do at those places. Could also go camping or riding 4 wheelers anywhere in the millions acres of open rural land in Nevada. Could also go to a zillion stores, restaurants or malls that are in the area as well. It's sunny every single day of the year just about, what more could you ask for? And the cities I had mention on the prior posting are rated in the top 10 most dangerous and crime ridden cities in the country and extremely violent with the highest leading homicides in the U.S . Those cities are total complete ARMPITS...with cold miserable weather, rain and snow 6 months out of the year and anti-social/unfriendly people. You don't know what weirdo kooky people are until you enter those CESS POOOOOOOLS...It's people like you with negative energy and anal/blunt thinking which contributes to the group of people in Vegas that you blame that is ruining the city and quality of living in LV. What traits do you have to offer and contribute to the city of Vegas for Culture? Education, etc? What do you do in the city and for the city to help make a difference of this lacking problem that has been Identified by you?

Old 01-06-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Just for starters, not to mention, the Red Wings, the Tigers, the Lions, and the Pistons. VisitDetroit.com - Museum & Theaters (http://www.visitdetroit.com/culture/museumsandtheaters.asp - broken link)

Old 01-06-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
I guess Wayne St---the largest single medical campus in the US was overlooked by you. After all, they only pump out doctors, not hotel personel.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Just for starters, not to mention, the Red Wings, the Tigers, the Lions, and the Pistons. VisitDetroit.com - Museum & Theaters (http://www.visitdetroit.com/culture/museumsandtheaters.asp - broken link)
Detroit has some theaters, but they are local crap. Museums are not in keeping with city of its size.

The Pistons are not in the city; they play in Auborn Hills, which is closer to Pontiac. The Lions, which barely count as a pro team (kind of a surprise when they win a game) played in Pontiac and only couple years ago moved back to Detroit. The area around their new (free, thanks to the Ford family) stadium is bad.

The teams in Detroit can't sell out. You don't really want to take your kids down to see a game when you can't wander around the city afterwards because there's nothing else to do or the stadiums are in such bad areas. So the teams may be there, but they aren't exactly "jewels" in the crown.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I guess Wayne St---the largest single medical campus in the US was overlooked by you. After all, they only pump out doctors, not hotel personel.
The state of MI has three med schools currently, University of Michigan, Michigan State, and Wayne State. Wayne State may be largest (I've never heard that before), but it ranks last in quality among the med schools in the state.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:57 PM

87 posts, read 699,895 times
Quote:
Nevada pumps out higly trained military personel from government facilities that protect our freedom and allow us to be gluttonous & live very spoiled in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas