Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 04:17 AM

508 posts, read 1,019,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayview6 View Post
I used Floor Design of Nevada. Was happy with their work and price.

Floor Designs of Nevada - Home - Las Vegas flooring
Don’t use them!!!

I used them to do my floors. They didn’t do anything like they were supposed to.

I submitted a full statement of work prior to the work beginning and got a quote. It seemed fair but on the day of starting they told me that I had to pay for the removing of the carpet etc. and I asked isn’t that included in the bid and they said no its not.

They made the tiles too far apart. They didn’t seal the grout like they were supposed to. They put holes in the walls and broke a toilet I ended up having to call channel 13 to get them to fix what they broke…

Check angies list… there are pictures of the damage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 09:24 AM

1,245 posts, read 1,821,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grofica View Post
Don’t use them!!!

I used them to do my floors. They didn’t do anything like they were supposed to.

I submitted a full statement of work prior to the work beginning and got a quote. It seemed fair but on the day of starting they told me that I had to pay for the removing of the carpet etc. and I asked isn’t that included in the bid and they said no its not.

They made the tiles too far apart. They didn’t seal the grout like they were supposed to. They put holes in the walls and broke a toilet I ended up having to call channel 13 to get them to fix what they broke…

Check angies list… there are pictures of the damage.
Like I said, i was happy with the work and the price. I did sign a form that stated that due to the nature of tile installation that the space between tiles could vary (or something like that). The designer told me up front that the grout would not be sealed and that grout would eventually get discolored. The contract I signed spelled out all of the work to be done. Did you read your contract before you signed it?

How long ago did you have the tile work done?

Old 09-03-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Like I said, i was happy with the work and the price. I did sign a form that stated that due to the nature of tile installation that the space between tiles could vary (or something like that). The designer told me up front that the grout would not be sealed and that grout would eventually get discolored. The contract I signed spelled out all of the work to be done. Did you read your contract before you signed it?

How long ago did you have the tile work done?
well i dont mean like they are a cm off here and there. I rehabbed the house into a very modern design. i wanted the tiles as close together as they could be "safely" (meaning without issues) they did the standard 1/4" spacing. so its litterally miles from what i wanted.

I also drew out the house where the wood was supposed to go and where the tile was supposed to go. they put tile in the wrong places of the house and then said they didnt know. (its hard to mess it up when there is a giant line on the ground and tile and wood is written on each side of the line)

The contract was laughable. they just returned a peice of paper that had a price on it and said it was the bid for the scope of work i sent. it was after i already paid 1/2 up front and they got to the house that they told me that never included the removal of the floor. I asked them how they planned to lay a floor without removing the old one they said they never include the removal in the bid. (add $1500)

the transitions between the tile and wood were supposed to be flat and instead i got some huge speed bump looking thing. (honestly i hate it. there are times i have thought about ripping the floor out i hate that transition thing so much)

I had in emails they were supposed to seal the floor they never did.

dispite all the problems that doesnt account for the broken toilet which took me 3 months and a call to the news station to get the money back from.

and the holes in the walls. (kindly uploaded to angies list for the world to see)

They started in February of 2010 and finally finished August of 2010.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:21 AM

1,245 posts, read 1,821,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grofica View Post
well i dont mean like they are a cm off here and there. I rehabbed the house into a very modern design. i wanted the tiles as close together as they could be "safely" (meaning without issues) they did the standard 1/4" spacing. so its litterally miles from what i wanted.

I also drew out the house where the wood was supposed to go and where the tile was supposed to go. they put tile in the wrong places of the house and then said they didnt know. (its hard to mess it up when there is a giant line on the ground and tile and wood is written on each side of the line)

The contract was laughable. they just returned a peice of paper that had a price on it and said it was the bid for the scope of work i sent. it was after i already paid 1/2 up front and they got to the house that they told me that never included the removal of the floor. I asked them how they planned to lay a floor without removing the old one they said they never include the removal in the bid. (add $1500)

the transitions between the tile and wood were supposed to be flat and instead i got some huge speed bump looking thing. (honestly i hate it. there are times i have thought about ripping the floor out i hate that transition thing so much)

I had in emails they were supposed to seal the floor they never did.

dispite all the problems that doesnt account for the broken toilet which took me 3 months and a call to the news station to get the money back from.

and the holes in the walls. (kindly uploaded to angies list for the world to see)

They started in February of 2010 and finally finished August of 2010.
I can't believe that they only charged me $125 to remove 1200 sq ft of carpet. As for the grout lines, most were 1/4" or under.

Yeah, transitions can be tough. Did you figure it out before hand? I was on-site everyday to make sure I was happy as they proceeded.

Sealing the grout, in my opinion, is a waste of time and money.

I'm glad you got compensated for your broken toilet. Reminds me of the time I spent 2 hours trying to unbolt an old toilet. Finally got my trusty sledge out and had that toilet out in 2 minutes.

My brother-in-law had them do some tile work and was happy with them. That's how I found out about them. Hope your experience was unusual because they seem very busy. In hindsight, you should have gone with an individual who would have been more attuned to you specific requirements instead of a bigger contractor.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
I can't believe that they only charged me $125 to remove 1200 sq ft of carpet. As for the grout lines, most were 1/4" or under.

Yeah, transitions can be tough. Did you figure it out before hand? I was on-site everyday to make sure I was happy as they proceeded.

Sealing the grout, in my opinion, is a waste of time and money.

I'm glad you got compensated for your broken toilet. Reminds me of the time I spent 2 hours trying to unbolt an old toilet. Finally got my trusty sledge out and had that toilet out in 2 minutes.

My brother-in-law had them do some tile work and was happy with them. That's how I found out about them. Hope your experience was unusual because they seem very busy. In hindsight, you should have gone with an individual who would have been more attuned to you specific requirements instead of a bigger contractor.
no offense but you almost make it sound like it was my fault they cant follow directions. the point is 1/4" grout lines are HUGE when you have to clean them. My house is monochromatic, which basically breaks down to you can see every teeny tiny little error from across the house. . When doing a house in a monochromatic style you need to send out people who can actually follow directions.

(no it is actually not hard to keep clean)

And when you spend over $X for a new floor you expect it to be done correctly.

It took me 3 months to get compensated they just kept blowing me off and they would not finish the damages.

The fight isn’t over yet… I’m still waiting on a few things...

on the plus side now i know about a grout that has restored my faith in tile... i am very excited to get home and fix the floors :-) THANK YOU SCOOPLV!!!!

Last edited by Grofica; 09-03-2011 at 10:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas