Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2012, 04:49 PM

9 posts, read 25,440 times

Advertisements

Gulfer...All the neighborhoods have their own homeowner's association and each's monthly fees differ. Some are higher...some not. Vita Bella which are townhomes have a homeowner's fee of $258.00 per month. Add the $$120 per month which every homeowner pays to lake las Vegas master association and your at roughly $378/month. It solely depends on the neighborhood...some of the higher fees for the hotel/condo's include utilities, cable, hoa's etc. Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 05:20 PM

9 posts, read 25,440 times
LLVResident......Fairways of Reflection Bay are looking green...with the exception of the areas which have died off. The greens are completely dead and they have not been watering them. Now, the Falls is a different story. Not a drop of water has fallen on the course. Hopefully, now this will all change.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:47 PM

2 posts, read 5,041 times
Good news again, possibly. I haven't looked it up yet to confirm but I have heard that Credit Suisse sold a huge stake of Lake Las Vegas to Rain Tree Development and it closed last Friday. Anyone else heard this? Maybe now, its full steam ahead, go Lake Las Vegas!!!!!

Old 07-23-2012, 11:11 PM

529 posts, read 1,390,192 times
@LLV Parttimer. The last I walked the course, they put this material over the greens, when you brushed it off, you could see the greens under it. From a distance, it looked brown, but was still alive.

I did confirm with the city today that the council did approve the water agreement. I have an email into the city to inquire about the obligations of Carmel, now that the water rights agreement has been made. I also confirmed that the city denied Carmel's request to rezone the courses to residential.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:43 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,265 times
Thank you for the comments Part Timer, very much appreciated.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:30 PM

I can confirm what LLVMAN said as correct. This was the good news I had mentioned. Credit Suisse has sold out their ownership in LLV and Atalon/Jim Coyne was fired as asset manager. This is awesome!

Raintree Development is having their first big meeting with the key LLV people this week. They will pave the way to Ravella and Westin getting their signs out front and not charging them 25k each to do so. Raintree will (thank goodness) have a new and positive approach to LLV which is going to be fantastic for everyone! Once I get more details about what their plans are, I'll be sure to post them here!!!!!

2012 is going to be a great year for LLV! Let's all manifest the re-opening of the golf courses and we'll be back on track to be the best community in the Southwest US.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:30 PM

35 posts, read 84,938 times
The LLV owners meeting is next Tuesday at the Westin. But there are several different meetings and times. Which one can the homeowners attend and discuss isues in the open forum?
I really look forward to hearing all the details of what has transpired in the last few weeks and how it plays out for the community.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:29 PM

I spoke to the City of Henderson Attorney yesterday. He did confirm the agreement between Carmel and the City as well as the LLV Master Association. They are just in the final process of getting all of the paper work processed. There will be no trial.

As we've discussed and explained before here in the forum, somehow during the set up of LLV, The Falls golf course was not incorporated into the CCRs of the LLV Master. Reflection Bay is with the CCRs. This is why RB is being watered as if they didn't, Carmel would be subject to fines and other issues for failure to maintain. I beleive this would also include any trees that have died as result.

The good news is that as part of the agreement, the Falls will be included with the CCR's of the LLV Master and be come compliant with the CCRs. (meaning watering etc) However, the current owners (Carmel) have 3 years to become compliant, which is not so good news. But, if the Falls is sold, the new owners are immediately brought into the CCR's and have to immediately be complaint with maintaining etc. So, lets all hope for a quick sale! The City isn't sure if there are any non CCR issues they can leverage to get them to water.. (ie fire safety etc)

I'm not able to attend the meeting and not sure of the times etc. Would someone please take good notes and post the notes here on the forum? I'm totally excited about the recent developments and I think there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel for getting all of the poorly planned issues of LLV finally straightend out.

The City attorney stated that LLV and it's success is a big priority for the City and they want to do everything they can to make it happen. I do agree and I appreciate what the City has done so far. LLV is very complicated and political, so it's not an easy task.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:30 PM

35 posts, read 84,938 times
3 years??? That really sucks. Why would Carmel do anything if not required? Even free water requires maintenance. Maintenance requires money.

The water agreements and bringing the Falls GC under the LLV CCR's is all fine and dandy but they really dropped the ball on this. For the next three years the entrance to the community will be an eyesore while the new developers are trying to bring the place around. Definitely agree that hoping for a quick sale will happen. This will be a topic that I hope gets talked about in the meeting. If it doesn't I will bring it up.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:34 PM

Yes, 3 years does suck. I think the City tried very hard to shorten that time frame. But, there at least is light at the end of the tunnel? Appears Carmel may be losing interest as they did sign the agreement and didnt' go to trial. The city denied their re-zone requests. I just don't see what leverage they may have with them? I'm sure something behind the scenes we don't know about. That other predatory lending lawsuit by several resorts against Credit Suisse is still active. I'm not sure how Credit Suisse's exit from LLV affects the former golf course leverage? Boedekker's estate is involved, as are Bass Brothers and Carmel is bascially Bass brother's attorney's company. I still stand by my impression that much of the issues with LLV were less about the economy and more about politics and whos stick is bigger.

@CasaLLV will you please be our point person for this forum at the meeting and report your notes here after the meeting? I can't get there until Thursday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas